| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Scotty
Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2003 3:08 pm    

I just wanted to mention that I was talking with Scotty yesterday and telling him about the new upcoming ad that we are designing for the Texas Steel Guitar Jamboree program book. In this ad, we featured the photos of 10 Peavey endorsers and it suddenly hit me that we haven't featured Scotty himself in a Peavey ad. Scotty has been a long time supportive dealer of Peavey products and his playing and support is appreciated. I just wanted to remind everyone of just how much Scotty means to the steel guitar community. He will be featured in a future ad though!

THANKS SCOTTY!..............and family.
Michael T. Hermsmeyer

Branson, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2003 12:08 am    

I agree Mike. Having grown up close to St. Louis, Scotty was my main source of steels and steel related gear. Not just that but the knowledge he shared with me still proves invaluable. He would always be willing to share a lick with me anytime I was in the store, not that I had much to share myself that he hadn't already forgotten 30 years before, but it didn't matter.
Scotty is one of my major influences and It is good that you are going to feature him.
God Bless, Michael T.

------------------
UTILITY MAN PRODUCTIONS
'73 EMMONS D10 FATBACK, '92 EMMONS D10 LASHLEY LEGRANDE,
'85 DOBRO 60DS, '95 DOBRO F60S,
'95 MELOBAR CUSTOM, 1955 FENDER TRIPLE NECK STRINGMASTER. EVANS, FENDER, PEAVEY,
and MESA BOOGIE Amps.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2003 8:37 pm    

Thanks Mike-Scotty, Yes , Scotty is an Icon in the Steel guitar community .
Not only that , but he and wife Mary, are
tworeallynicepeople.....al
Lefty Schrage

West Union, Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2003 6:11 pm    

Al, I agree with your comments about Scotty and Mary. We were honored to have them with us again this past weekend at the NE IA Steel Gtr Jam. They are great people! And, Mike, I'm glad you'll feature Scotty in one of your upcoming Peavey ads! ...Lefty
Jesse Pearson

San Diego , CA
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2003 9:54 am    

Scotty's basic C6th lap steel book got me started. I got my Jerry byrd course, Don Helms course and 919 bar from him. He has answered my e-mails and even hooked me up with Don Helms over the phone which was really cool. Scotty will always be my main teacher on steel. God bless the Dewitt family...