| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  What are you doing New Years Eve ?
Dyke Corson

Fairmount, IL USA
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2002 10:05 pm    

My wife (bass & keys) and I (steel & guitar) and a singing female drummer are doing a little trio pickup gig in Cayuga, IN - some club called "Sam's Place"...should be interesting
Danny Naccarato

Burleson, Texas
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2002 10:30 pm    

Bungar Barn in Bungar, TX. Pays $300 per and it's BYOB, meaning the Crown will be flowing like water.......
Bob Watson

Champaign, Illinois, U.S.
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2002 2:45 am    

I'll be playing at the Eagles Club in Shelbyville Illinois with Greg Baker and the Backsliders. I usually play guitar with this band but the steel player wanted New Years Eve off so I get to play the Sho Bud. I don't play steel as often as I like to anymore so I am looking foreward to it. I also talked the guitar player into driving so I will be chauffeured to and from the gig. It don't get any better than that on New Years!

[This message was edited by Bob Watson on 31 December 2002 at 02:50 AM.]

Bennie Hensley

Yakima, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2002 4:03 am    

Maybe I shouldn't post this since it doesn't pertain to playing music but since Joe asked,I will be working, and making some people happy and some people angry. I will be working a DUI (driving under the influence)emphasis in our city.I am sure Mothers Against Drunk Drivers will be happy! Happy New Year to all."Stopped for a defective taillight and popped for DUI".....Bennie
Chris DeBarge

Boston, Mass
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2002 5:16 am    

Playing guitar for Rex Trailer (New Englanders will know him! ) this afternoon at the Quincy First Night. Then tonight I'll be on steel at the Milky Way in Jamaica Plain.

I never really liked playing New Year's, but the money ain't bad.
ROBERT MYERS

HEDGESVILLE, W.VA. USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2002 5:35 am    

I will be playing at Cacapon State Park resort, Berkeley Springs WV for a Hank Fest with Joe Penny, one of the original Drifting Cowboys. Joe is also in the Rockabilly hall of fame. Lots of good ole country music.

------------------
Bob Myers Derby SD10 3&4
S10 Emmons p/p Nashville 400
Larry King

Watts, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2002 9:02 am    

Me and the boys, Country Classics, will be at Cowskin Prairie, Grove, Ok....the greatest gig a guy could ever have. Oh we had other opportunities but we had the attitude "dance with the one who brung ya'".As most of you know, this has been our house gig for many years and there's no place I'd rather be than here with Buffington on steel, my favorite singer John Terry on fiddle and vocals, Buff #3 on rythmn, Joey "italian stallion" Adams on drums, myself and guest Greg Pogue, the absolute finest chord/jazz man around. Looking forward to it.
Chris Schlotzhauer

Colleyville, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2002 9:52 am    

I will be playing a private party in Mellissa, Tx (N of Dallas) with Max Stalling. Not sure the pay. Max just said it paid real good. www.maxstalling.com
Pete Burak

Portland, OR USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2002 10:01 am    

I'm going to see a show featuring Barry Sless on 12 string Sho-Bud (and guitar), and Pete Sears on keys.
A friend hooked me up with a backstage/green-room pass, so I hope to get to the bottom of the Barry Sless' copedant controversy!
chas smith R.I.P.

Encino, CA, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2002 10:32 am    

Going to a Rave where John Digweed, my darling's favorite, is spinning.
Bobby Lee

Cloverdale, California, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2002 10:54 am    

I'm playing with Open Hearts at the Cloverdale Citris Fair. It's a big hall, and they're preparing for 300 people. We set up and did a sound check last night, and pretty much tamed the beast. The key: use no reverb. The room is providing plenty of that.

We sounded really good at the sound check. We added a new jam instumental in E that I "wrote". It kicks butt! Also, we have a percussionist (conga, bongo) and another electric guitarist sitting in on a few songs.

This should be a good one.

------------------
Bobby Lee - email: quasar@b0b.com - gigs - CDs
Sierra Session 12 (E9), Williams 400X (Emaj9, D6), Sierra Olympic 12 (F Diatonic), Sierra Laptop 8 (D13), Fender Stringmaster (E13, A6), Roland Handsonic
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2002 11:21 am    

Cross Country is playing at Jubitz in Portland, Or. We have been there 4 night already so we are warmed up and ready for a crowd. The Emmons and Webb have never sounded better, unless you count that time I put a new 7th string on a while back.

Larry Behm
Rick Schmidt

Prescott AZ, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2002 11:41 am    

I'm gonna turn into "Buddy Love", tux & all, and sing New York New York, Girl From Ipanema, Look of Love...etc. for a bunch of snooty, rich, white country club members in Palm Springs CA. If I try to sneak in too much steel though, they might not wanna pay me the ridiculous dough we're getting. Seeing what I can get away with (steelwise)does make the night more interesting though.
John Steele

Renfrew, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2002 11:59 am    

I'll be at the local Air Force Wing playing with Rural Route - 2 blocks from my house.
Hey, I hope you all find time to slip in a Hank Williams tune tonight. It's been 50 years.
-John
Matt Brydges

Renfrew, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2002 12:33 pm    

Ditto - just a few hundred feet further for me though. Not playing steel mind you.
Matt

[This message was edited by Matt Brydges on 31 December 2002 at 12:34 PM.]

Fred Shannon

Rocking "S" Ranch, Comancheria, Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2002 1:40 pm    

I'll be 'steelin' with "Texas Pride" at Jn'R Sports Bar in Big Spring, Texas. Big blow out tonight with no cover. Drop by if you're in the neighborhood.

------------------
The spirit be with you!
If it aint got a steel, it aint real
Terry Wood

Lebanon, MO
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2002 3:13 pm    

We will be playing and testifying for Jesus Christ in one of the churches that we attend.

I played for the otherside for many years, but I love playing for Jesus now. I don't have the hangovers anymore either, Thank YOU LORD!

GOD is good all the time!

May God bless each of you this year 2003.

Terry J. Wood
I Corinthians 1:18
Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2002 4:38 pm    

Hey you clowns
Im sittin here in the band room at the Waldorf Astoria, the show starts at 10 PM Eastern time. Im looking at all the pretty
lookin "tahitian gals" dressed with their pretty hula skirts. I wished I had brought along my hedge trimmers. Maholo? what does
that mean??

[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 01 January 2003 at 03:31 PM.]

Joey Gaskins

New Bern, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2002 8:12 pm    

I played at our New Years Eve service at our church. The GFI was sounding good on amazing grace.
Danny Bates

Fresno, CA. USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2003 6:42 am    

We played at Sierra Summit Ski Resort in the Sierra Nevada mountains here in Central California. A super fun gig. Perfect weather (only 28 degrees but perfect), They offered us free drinks & free dinner, then they had a big fireworks show, & they took us for a ride on their snowmobile's.

The crowd was young, rich, good looking people from all over the world, Great fun!

The best part was the employees hauled all of our gear upstairs (& later downstairs) Happy New Year!
Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2003 7:58 am    

With my luck,I got ill and had to be taken to the ER at New York Hospital. I took ill after the first set. I dont know whether it was the excitment watching those tahitian girls swinging their hips or carrying my guitar and amp 2 blocks to the Hotel.

My wife was notified and my son in law came from Westchester and took me home.

What a bummer,.The doctors think the medication Im on caused an inbalance of my heart rhythm. Anyway I think I'll go back into retirement. I should not have tempted to do this by myself. That dammed triple neck
is heavy and the amp?? forget it.

Happy New Year,,Im home.
George Keoki Lake

Edmonton, AB., Canada
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2003 11:54 am    

That's a real bummer Jody. Gads man, get a collapsable 4 wheel dolly to haul that heavy stuff instead of carrying it. I never carry my Custom triple anymore...always use the dolly. We ain't as young (or strong) as we once were. Hope you are recovering ok, pal. Luv ya !
Leslie Ehrlich

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2003 1:43 pm    

One of the bands I play in got a New Year's Eve gig in a small bar in a dinky little one horse town in the middle of nowhere. Two things went wrong at that gig. I couldn't bring my PSG along because there was no room to set it up, and I became seriously ill after our performance. Other than that, things went fairly well.
Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2003 2:45 pm    

Hello Dolly,,
You think thats bad..Howard R played a gig New Years eve and when they heard him play,the audience was rushed to the ER.
Steve Stallings

Houston/Cypress, Texas
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2003 2:58 pm    

We played at Weimar Texas Veterans Memorial Hall/Firemans Benefit. The job was clean, no smoking, packed with 500+, and most excellent money. We stayed at the local Super 8 instead of competing with the drunks!

------------------
God Bless,
Steve Stallings

www.thenightshiftband.net