| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  How did your weekend go?
Emmett Roch

Texas Hill Country
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2002 3:08 am    

OK, let's look at the other side of the coin. Nick asked us all where we were going to play, so now here's a chance to tell how your gigs went.

I'll start the ball rolling: Friday night at the historic Broken Spoke in Austin, Texas my boss Gary P. Nunn wowed 'em (as usual) by taking everybody "home with the armadillo". Now, the unexpected part---Herb Steiner and Danny Hawk joined us onstage during the second set and played guitar while I played steel...Hey guys--it was a real pressure--er, I meant pleasure--workin' with y'all and I hope you both had as much fun as I did.

OK, who's next?

------------------

R. L. Jones

Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2002 9:56 pm    

I always start my weekend early. We have a group that play in a friends garage. We were going to it friday nite when some people came in the garage , said they had been listening to us all evening, wanted to know if it was o k to sit there and listen , Sure why not. Seems they were from Tenessee, visiting. The guy asked how long we were going to play? Awhile we said ,can I get my Fender and join in, Sure ,The more the merrier, He was quite good. Fun was had by all.

R. L.
R. L. Jones

Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2002 7:46 pm    

I dont believe that anyone had a good weekend .

R. L.
Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2002 8:11 pm    

7:00 PM Friday night to 10:45 PM I played Dobro at the Barling Opry in Barling, Ar alongside Jerry Newberry on steel. Saturday, 9:00 AM , Fayetteville, AR 60 miles North of home I did recording session both Dobro and steel until 4:45 PM, heading South for Westfork, Ar, stopped for quick burger then set-up at the Little O' Opry in Westfork and played from 7:00 PM till 11:00 PM. The Gospel group, Fairhaven, who I play with was off this week so I got some rest Sunday.
Jerry
Dave Van Allen

Doylestown, PA , US , Earth
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2002 10:02 pm    

http://steelguitarforum.com/Forum4/HTML/003708.html

click on the link above, then scroll down to find the answer....
Bobby Lee

Cloverdale, California, USA
Post  Posted 24 Dec 2002 2:09 pm    

I played with Open Hearts at a bar in Cotati. I don't think we had more than a dozen people in the "audience" all night long. No matter. We did a full setup anyway, and I got to play through the RotoSphere in stereo. What an awesome sound!

We do one song that has a chord vamp D-F-C-G. I play it at frets 5-4-3-3. The sound of that sustaining transition through the RotoSphere's slow rotor was a notch above anything I could have imagined. I love this gadget!

------------------
Bobby Lee - email: quasar@b0b.com - gigs - CDs
Sierra Session 12 (E9), Williams 400X (Emaj9, D6), Sierra Olympic 12 (F Diatonic), Sierra Laptop 8 (D13), Fender Stringmaster (E13, A6), Roland Handsonic
Nick Reed

Russellville, KY USA
Post  Posted 24 Dec 2002 4:07 pm    

Nothing Friday night so me & the wife went Christmas Shopping. Saturday night our Band played at the VFW in Russellville, KY. Everyone there seemed to like us. Couldn't keep that push-pull tuned to suit me during the 1st & 2nd sets, other than that a pretty good night. Nick
Dyke Corson

Fairmount, IL USA
Post  Posted 24 Dec 2002 9:31 pm    

My wife and I played Saturday night with a local country act, I was daring and left my stereo rack set-up at home and played my Carter D-10 through one of my Vegas 400s with a RV-3. It's hard for me to get past the stereo thing - but doing the gear was a breeze! I think I could get used to it!