| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  arnett mills
kenb

danville va. usa
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2002 2:07 pm    

have any of you steel players heard a steel player from Danville, Virginia whose name is arnett mills? arnett plays with as much soul and feeling as any steel player i have ever heard. When this guy plays a song, you know it has been played. if you have not heard him, you are really missing something. MARLIN D10
8 AND 5
Glen E. Lanning

La Grange, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2002 4:16 pm    

I 2nd that opinion. Arnet can make the notes on his steel move - seems like in ALL directions at the same time. Come on out to the next MASGA event the end of September.
www.MASGA.org

You are in for a real treat.

------------------
Dekley 8/4 (1984)
ShoBud Professional (1969?)D10 8/4

Al Miller

Waxahachie Texas
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2002 4:19 pm    

ARNET IS THE BOMB!!
BOO MILLER
Jerry Fleming

Roanoke, Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2002 5:39 pm    

Hi Ken,

Arnett Mills is with out a doubt among the finest steel players God put on this earth. He made a lasting impression on me close to 30 years ago. He never ceases to amaze me with his smooth heartfelt playing. I am very blessed to call you both dear friends. I look forward to seeing you guys soon. I have wore out the licks you guys showed me at Len's!

Sincerely,

Jerry Fleming, Blacksburg Virginia

[This message was edited by Jerry Fleming on 22 August 2002 at 07:35 PM.]

[This message was edited by Jerry Fleming on 22 August 2002 at 07:35 PM.]

Danny Bentley

Hendersonville Tn
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2002 7:51 pm    

Arnett, one of the best players I've ever heard. I am truly blessed to call him my friend. Ken, call me.
Ken Latchum

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2002 8:27 pm    

I don't want to sound overly zealous when I talk about two of my closest steelguitar friends with one being Arnett Mills and the other Jerry Fleming. I feel so fortunate to have two close friends that have the capabilities to make anyone stop in their tracks to listen to the feeling coming from their hearts when they play. I know without question there are many good players out there in the steelguitar world but when these guys play, people stop talking and start listening as they can't belive what they are hearing is for real. I hope in the near future to put a small clip on the forum from one of our Jams so all can hear what I am talking about.
Thanks Arnett and Jerry for being my friend!

Ken
bill ramsey

danville va
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2002 2:07 am    

arnett lives just a little ways from me. i was gonna show him what i know, but i know nothing so he couldnt learn from me. lol. just kidding. arnett is one great person and fine steel player. fact is he came to see me the other day after i had my open heart surgery. thanks arnett. ken b is no slouch either. danny b is also great. ken latchum is gonna catch them. a great guy also. bill

------------------
bill ramsey
Bob Hayes

Church Hill,Tenn,USA
Post  Posted 24 Aug 2002 12:54 pm    

Arnett IS the big secret of Southern Virginia..along with ..I might add..Jerry Flemming.. These guys REALY play from the heart. Arnett can hear a song (no mater how difficult) and have it down pat the next week!..and he takes time to help any body with technique..etc..or just plain talkin.
He will most likely be at the next MASGA event in Wilson, North Carolina at the end of September...
and IT IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!!!!!!
Grouchyvet
bill ramsey

danville va
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2002 3:42 am    

all of these guys can blow your mind for sure, arnett is about the smoothest that i know. i allways enjoy him, and jerry u are a great one too.

------------------
bill ramsey
Ray Walker

Smithfield, NC, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2002 4:08 am    

Arnett...no doubt... has inspired many. I recently played a few songs in front of Arnett that I had heard him play as was "deeply honored" at his statement to me afterward. I don't recall him saying how great I played or how rich the tone of my guitar was or how smooth I was. He said, "you really put feeling into that". Anyone who knows Arnett can appreciate that statement as a very BIG compliment. I have a deep respect for the man as well as his talent and the fact that he plays from his heart which , in my opinion, is the best place to play from. Jerry Flemming??? Well that guy is a piece of work all by himself. Has a heart as big as the world and lays it down on those strings each time he plays a song. The style and grace with which he plays is unlike any I have ever heard in my lifetime and will surely never hear anyone again other than Jerry. Both of these guys are accomplished musicians but it's their hearts that make them as great as they are. Anytime any of you get the chance...check out another great steeler who has some heart...soul...and a great set of hands...Boo Miller out of Maryland. I listen to his material daily and keep telling myself...maybe...just maybe... I will be able to play my Mullen like he plays his. The fact is that Boo can play "ANY" steel and make it sound great cause if I haven't learned but one thing ( and I have learned much from him) the sound you are looking all over for...that tone... that spirit....IT'S IN THE HANDS BOYS AND GIRLS IT'S IN THE HANDS.

God Bless you all

Ray Walker
Henry

Europe
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2002 5:27 am    

Can you help me with his E-MAIL address???