| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Allegheny Steel Guitar Assn Jam today!
Doug Seymour

Jamestown NY USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 19 May 2002 7:35 pm    

Anyone remember WSM's Jamup & Honey??? Well,
this club (our club ?....Joyce said I'd paid my dues this year?) had a "Honey" of a Jam today in Mercer PA. How are we going to get
b0b back out here again for one of these? He came one time a year or so ago all the way from CA w/ his Sierra 8 string lap steel & played for us!!!! Next time I want him to bring the Williams "Cross-over" so I can try it before I join some of the other steel players who are no longer with us! (Anybody want to buy a couple of nice keyless steels??) Maybe Steve Porter will get on here
(even if he did come "after the ball was over".....Uncle Sam's fault, not his!) Joe Miraglia could say a word or two, or Chick Donner (A D12 ?? Emmons push-pull?) There were quite a few forumites there...Rich Gibson, Mike McElravy, who else did I miss...Don Burrows from Ashtabula, w/ a nice
looking White SD10 he built himself....That's alright folks, he didn't know any better, and besides he's never talked to Maurice about black steels??? The rest of you forumites jump in here...Charley, Joyce & Jim T !!! Herby W is coming to the August Jam!!! don't you dare miss that one!! I have to get Charlie Coldiron to that one, too. He just got back to the frozen north from Florida!

[This message was edited by Doug Seymour on 19 May 2002 at 08:38 PM.]

[This message was edited by Doug Seymour on 20 May 2002 at 02:34 AM.]

Bobby Lee

Cloverdale, California, USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2002 11:01 am    

Sorry that it didn't align with my schedule. I was actually in Pittsburgh a couple of weeks ago for a family reunion, but I didn't have time for much else. I did get to play my Sho-Bud Maverick with Mike Diller, who played his lefty Dekley, and the Lee family band (otherwise known as the Polka Dots ). Great fun!

------------------
Bobby Lee - email: quasar@b0b.com - gigs - CDs
Sierra Session 12 (E9), Williams 400X (Emaj9, D6), Sierra Olympic 12 (F Diatonic) Sierra Laptop 8 (D13), Fender Stringmaster (E13, A6)