| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Where is Lynn Frazer?
jlsmith48

blackwell ok usa
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2002 10:08 am    

Lynn grew up around Enid OK. A monster picker when he was a kid. I last saw him in 68 when he was touring with Ray Price. Courious!!!!!
Bruce Derr

Lee, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2002 10:28 am    

I seem to remember that name... He was in NYC in the late '70s, playing steel on Broadway in The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas". I knew this from Harvey Shapiro, the fellow that was his "walker" (standby replacement). At some point I believe they decided to switch places, and Lynn became the walker. I never heard him play but Harvey had a high opinion of him, and Harvey was an excellent player. I haven't seen either of them in many years.
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2002 11:25 am    

Lynn lives in Cedar Park TX, works a day job, and picks occasionally in church and in local bands. He's still a monster picker.

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

Glenn Suchan

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2002 7:00 am    

"He's still a monster picker."

I'll second that and add that Lynn is a very humble and gracious person, too.

I had the distinct pleasure of watching him play a couple of months ago. The band I play with shared a bill with a band he was playing with. Before the gig he entertained our band members with anecdotes of musical trivia about Ray Price and others from his personal experiences. Then, amazingly, he made a preliminary appology to me about his playing as he hasn't "played much lately". Talk about humble. From the first note out of his guitar, I pulled up a chair, took out my notebook and feverishly started writing down everything he was doing!

Lynn may not be playing with the "big dogs" right now but his picking is as good as it gets!

Keep on pickin'!
Glenn

[This message was edited by Glenn Suchan on 11 February 2002 at 07:01 AM.]

Jason Odd

Stawell, Victoria, Australia
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2002 7:19 pm    

This is what freaks me out about Texas, I mean there's these killer players everywhere.

------------------
The future ain't what it used to be
jlsmith48

blackwell ok usa
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2002 10:39 am    

Thanks for the info and comments. I had the pleasure of watching him play an old BJ guitar that belonged to a freind of mine after a Ray Price show in 1968. Him,Blondie Calderon and another band member,whose name escapes me,put on quite a 3 piece show.All gracious and entertaining until the wee hours.Seems as though things like that never happen anymore. After hours jams are a thing of the past.
chas smith R.I.P.

Encino, CA, USA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2002 10:59 am    

Them Texas boys can play.
Earl Foote

Houston, Tx, USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2002 7:36 pm    

Many years ago I got to hear Lynn Frazer play on a session for Dale McBride (Terry McBride's Father) at Wink Tyler's studio in Austin. He liked Budweiser. He would say "No Bud - No Sho-Bud" He was an awsome player back then and I'm sure he's only gotten better over the years.
Chuck Norris

Mesquite, TX, USA
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2002 2:41 am    

Im glad to hear Lynn`s playing in church, I`ll asume he found God. I played with him with Chuck Jenning`s in the late60`s ALONG with Albert Talley and Danny Sneed, they are the finest iv`e played with.
Chuck Norris NFM
Joe Goldmark

San Francisco, CA 94131
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2002 12:40 pm    

I'm also glad to hear that Lynn is playing in church. I saw him play with a Floyd Domino band in New York, probably in the early eighties. He played such interesting stuff and had an amazing musical ear. He was the kind of picker that would make you want to kick your ax into the river. He's also on the LP recording of Best Little Whorehouse and he plays real musical stuff there too. I have to say that back then he would often get real drunk and sometimes nasty, which was a shame considering the talent.