| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  From Judy Taylor for Mike Perlowin
Steven Knapper

Temecula Ca USA
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2001 9:29 pm    

This is Judy Taylor, Blackie Taylor's daughter and I want to reply on
behalf of a remark that Mike Perlowin made in his post on Nov. 13th, 2001. First of all, you need to check your facts before you go and post them to the world!
This block has NOT been sold! The side across the street and down a ways has, but
not this one. There is still a good 3 years before they they even finish the rest of that
side of the street, much less even start
on this side.
Yes, at some point the plans do show a Home Depot here, but that is YEARS down the road!!!
By making a remark like that, you have any idea of what that could do to business, with people not stopping by, thinking the
place is closed down???
You call yourself a friend, maybe with remarks like that you should reconsider.

This is a word for word message from Judy to me to post for her. Blackie Taylor Music is alive and well, and will be for years to come. Steve

Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2001 8:44 am    

My mistake. I must have misunderstood what Blackie told me.
Steven Knapper

Temecula Ca USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2001 1:09 pm    

Pretty big mistake in my opion. If you know Blackie, he don't make a lot of $$$ at his shop. He is in it because he LOVES to TEACH, REPAIR and when he gets lucky, sell a guitar, in which case he would make some $$$ that month. Where else around here can you get 2 hours of lessons a month for 50.00 bucks (and mine ususally run longer cuz I'm slow, but he sticks with me til I get it.). I might say that I am closer to Blackie than most, I know his nut for the month, and he don't make a lot of bucks unless he has a good sale. A remark like that could do some damage to his business. Just my opinion, FWIW ---- Steve
Jason Odd

Stawell, Victoria, Australia
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2001 2:50 pm    

Actually, I thought that was a little harsh, people do make mistakes and I think that could have been handled a little diplomatically. Just my opinion...
Steven Knapper

Temecula Ca USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2001 10:18 pm    

Jason, check yer email. S.
Jason Odd

Stawell, Victoria, Australia
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2001 4:04 am    

Steve, might be a server thing, but I still haven't got any email.
I checked and my Forum email address is correct... it'll get to me eventually.

Steven Knapper

Temecula Ca USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2001 8:52 am    

Jason, if you don't get it, I'll try again later today. I did copy and paste the addres. S.
randy

shelbyville, illinois, usa
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2001 9:24 am    

Come on Steve. Mike already said he made a mistake. You don't really need to make an academy award out of it. geesh

[This message was edited by randy on 21 November 2001 at 01:38 PM.]

Steve Stallings

Houston/Cypress, Texas
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2001 12:27 pm    

Ok...This topic gets the "Absurd Post of the Week Award".

Someone makes an honest, very minor mistake, and they are nailed to the wall. Perhaps the Taylor family should take out a contract on Mike? sheesh... It's obvious the proponents of the "let's lynch Mike school" have maxed out their quota of rightous indignation for the week. This is the kind of stuff that really makes me want to rush right on down to Blackies store and spend my money. I'm sure the gracious way this was handled will inspire legions of faithful followers.

------------------
Steve Stallings
Bremond, Texas

randy

shelbyville, illinois, usa
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2001 1:41 pm    

B.Cole...Did you used to teach at Warrensburg-Latham High School? I had a Social Science teacher that talked just like that heh...heh.

Now look what we've done. We've run Mike P. right off the forum.
Steven Knapper

Temecula Ca USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2001 2:44 pm    

May be you guys are right, but remember, DON'T SHOOT THE MESSANGER!!! I just did a favor for Judy!! Maybe I'm am not thinking as well as I should, but I am still withdrawling from 4 years of narcotic pain killer use. Thinking back now, maybe I should have emailed it to Mike and told him what I was asked to do, but I didn't. My post were strickly FACTS, and if any on you are small business owners, like I have been and will be again, you can understand what this could mean for business. I think it would be best to just drop the subject, it's between the Taylors and Mike, and there may be more to this than we know. Maybe Mike should speak up on the subject before you black ball Blackie (that sounds kinda funny)
Steve

[This message was edited by Steven Knapper on 21 November 2001 at 02:50 PM.]

[This message was edited by Steven Knapper on 21 November 2001 at 02:51 PM.]

Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2001 4:06 pm    

I had hoped that my acknowledgement that I misinterpreted what Blackie told me would oput an end to this, but clearly it has not, so let me tell you:

1- Blackie and I have been friends for around 20 years, and if he were participating in this forum, he would be the first to defend me.
2- He TOLD me that he was selling his property to the developers and planning to close the store in it's present location ame set up shop in his garage.

Now he didn't say exaxctly when, and I assume that this will take place several years down the road. Perhaps I should not have posted anything about this since the store is indeed still open. I admit it was probably a mistake to do so.

But no harm was done,(how many people here actually patronize Blackie's shop (as I do) for their steel guitar needs? And did anybody NOT go to the store because I said he would be moving the shop to his garage at some time in the future?

And certainly no harm was intended. As I said, Blackie and I are old friends. I would never say or do anything ever to hurt him in any way.

I have not spoken to Blackie about this (perhaps I should) but he knows that I respect and admire him and he knows that just as I have supported his store for many years, I will continue to be his customer and friend.

I think this whole thing has been blown completely out of proportion, and I think it's best for all concerned to just forget about it all.
Steven Knapper

Temecula Ca USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2001 6:03 pm    

Mike, I agree. bOb please close this thing as it has gotten a way out of hand, ASAP please.
Steven