| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Copying videos to play on TV
Bill Myrick

Pea Ridge, Ar. (deceased)
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2006 2:50 pm    

On sept 17th Randy Weideman made a post entitled "St Louis Video Clips and photos" on events and announcements. I saved them to a folder and have been trying to burn them to view on my TV to no avail. I finally got my burner to burn them on a DVD plus R disc but now my dvd player shows error when I try to play them on my tv. My dvd player is new and has played every format I have thrown at it before so it must be in the way I am burning them. XP 100 program , resonably new puter and burner , am using windows media player but have real player and another one or two. Any suggestions ? thanks. They play fine on my puter incidently. Bill.
winston

Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2006 4:25 pm    

Bill
You need to convert the clips to mepg2, divX or avi files. The program I use is called Speed Video Converter. Then you can burn them to a dvd disc with a dvd burner and nero. I just finished burning one. If you do not get it let me know and I will send you a copy. winston may
Bill Myrick

Post  Posted 21 Sep 2006 1:11 pm    

Winston--I downloaded the program and converted the files, now when I try to burn them I get an error - Do I need nero or something to burn with ? Thanks, Bill
winston

Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2006 6:09 pm    

Bill
You need a burning program that burns dvd's. Nero is the one I know about. Just load the converted files them up and burn. Winston
JERRY THURMOND

sullivan mo u.s.a.
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2006 6:30 pm    

Thanks Bill for asking that ? I was have the same problem, will try to covert them an see if that works. Jerry
Dan Dowd

Paducah, KY, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2006 8:21 am    

I downloaded the 12 files by right clicking on each one and saving in a folder. I have the latest ver of Nero and it converted the files to the required video format and put them on a DVD. It took aprox 45 min. to recode them and another 30 min to burn to the DVD and it plays on my stand alone DVD player.
Bill Myrick

Post  Posted 22 Sep 2006 2:07 pm    

Dan---What was the file type that nero converted it to please ? Thanks, Bill Myrick