| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  PayPal different issue
erik

Post  Posted 6 Nov 2005 3:04 pm    

I do not have an account but they have my buyer information saved. Recently I tried to access this info at PayPal to change my email address. I know my password so I wasn't concerned about getting in, however I found out that they also require the answer to the "questions" you set up with the account. I thought they were only for a lost password and made up stuff I didn't write down and now I'm "fastener with a spiral thread" -ed. I want to bid on some PayPal only auctions and I'm worried after winning I won't be able to pay seeing how any transaction would be sent to my non-existant email account, or they may ask those dumb questions to allow me to pay. Any ideas?

------------------
-johnson

Bobby D. Reed

Hendersonville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2005 6:38 pm    

Open a new account.
Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2005 9:01 pm    

I think you can log into your account, just using your User Name and Password, and then edit your secret questions. And this time, PAY ATTENTION! But, normally, you do not need to answer these security questions just to bid on an item. If you want to be extra sure, find some steel guitar (or a car, etc.) starting at a dollar that you know is gonna go for a whole lot more, and make a real low bid. You'll lose, of course, but you'll get to see for yourself what's involved in making a bid, before bidding on something you really do care about.