| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Have you seen this virus?
Gary Shepherd

Fox, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 11 May 2005 10:24 pm    

I think I got a virus tonight (or maybe recently) the results of which are flying windows.

I insalled a program to test out on my computer before trying them on the school computers where I work. When I rebooted, several (and I mean a bunch) or programs started running and then shutting down. While running, they would move around the screens. I have dual monitors and the programs would slide around all over both monitors. Some of them moved vertically and some horizontally. I could never get control of any program or the system long enought to do anything I wanted. If I clicked on a program's "x" button enough times (hard to do 'cause they're moving) I could get them to close.

Have you seen this virus and do you know what it's called and if there's a remove tool on the internet? I'm installing Norton Antivirus on one of my other drives right now and maybe that will catch it but those individual tools usually work much easier. Otherwise, I'm going to have to do a reinstal. That's not a huge problem for me because I keep backups, I just don't want to have to have to copy all of my recent work to a new folder on a clean drive.

------------------
Gary Shepherd

Sierra Session D-10

Carter D-10

www.16tracks.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 14 May 2005 7:03 pm    

Bizarre! Try turning off your screen saver.
Gary Shepherd

Fox, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 15 May 2005 8:21 am    

It wasn't a virus after all. It was a clever way to keep customers from using software without buying it. I tried a serial number from the web and the software knew it.

I had no use for the program here at home, just wanted to try it out to see if it would work the way we want at school. I guess we'll just have to test it with the 30-day demo. Seems to be working fine so far.

------------------
Gary Shepherd

Sierra Session D-10

Carter D-10

www.16tracks.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger