| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Another scam.
Archie Nicol R.I.P.

Ayrshire, Scotland
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2004 2:08 am    

Mrs Charity Eddy from Sierra Leone wants my money.
CrowBear Schmitt

Ariege, - PairO'knees, - France
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2004 4:21 am    

her uncle wrote me offering to share 20 % of 5 million $ w: me
made my day...
Bobby D. Hunter

USA
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2004 8:06 pm    

I'd like to remind everybody that I am still hunting slimeball game, so please Forward any steel guitar oriented scams to me, at: wizardodelasteel @ hotmail dot com (remove the spaces and substitute . for dot)

Thanks in advance, Bobby D. Hunter
Bobby D. Hunter

USA
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2004 8:20 am    

Message to users of Incredimail email client:

Incredimail strips out the original message headers when forwarding messages. These headers are needed to track an email's origin, not the message body. The headers are not usually visible in any email, as they work behind the scenes to deliver the email.

I have visited the Incredimail website and found the following information, at - http://www.incredimail.com/english/help/faq.html - which will allow you to display and copy the headers in any original email.

If the email is in the Inbox list, right-click on the message and select Properties. Next, click on the Details tab. Highlight all of the header, then press Ctrl + C to copy the headers to your clipboard.

If you are already viewing the message, press the keyboard keys Enter + Alt together, or, go to the File menu and select Properties. Go to the Details tab, and copy the headers.

Open a new email message and right-click and paste the headers into the body. Address it to me and add a relevant subject so I know what it is about, and send it to me.

I would also ask that Incredimail users please turn off the fancy backgrounds, emoticons and stationary, and choose Plain Text as the style to send messages to me. The needless stuff added by Incredimail cause filesize bloat and obscures the important details that are needed to track the message.

Thanks to all who continue to forward scam emails to me. Your contributions are important in ridding the Forum of these slimeballs.

Bobby D. Hunter
Hunting Slimeball Game
Gene Jones

Oklahoma City, OK USA, (deceased)
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2004 6:55 am    

Here is one I just received today...I don't even know who "wamu" is, much less being a customer...but they instruct me that after I give them my account information I should do this:

"AFTER SUBMITTING, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS YOUR ONLINE BANKING ACCOUNT FOR THE NEXT 48-72 HOURS UNTIL THE VERIFICATION PROCESS ENDS."

That should give them plenty of time to clean out your bank account!....Could anyone who actually has a bank account really fall for that?

".....Dear wamu.com customer,
We regret to inform you, that we had to block your wamu.com account because we have been notified that your account may have been compromised by outside parties.

Our terms and conditions you agreed to state that your account must always be under your control or those you designate at all times. We have noticed some activity related to your account that indicates that other parties may have access and or control of your information in your account.

These parties have in the past been involved with money laundering, illegal drugs, terrorism and various Federal Title 18 violations. In order that you may access your account we must verify your identity by clicking on the link below:
https://login.personal.wamu.com/logon/verification.asp?dd=1

AFTER SUBMITTING, PLEASE DONOT ACCESS YOUR ONLINE BANKING ACCOUNT FOR THE NEXT 48-72 HOURS UNTIL THE VERIFICATION PROCESS ENDS.

Sincerely,
wamu.com
Business Development Group.

Note: Requests for information will be initiated by our wamu.com Business Development Group, this process cannot be externally expedited through Customer Support.

wbbufxfcxrsveelyjialkmlo"

Ayrshire, Scotland
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2004 3:28 pm    

Bobby D,`Slimeball Hunter`, would love the chance to bury this chancer.
Bobby D. Hunter

USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2004 6:51 am    

The wamu.com email is a Phishing scheme. They sent these out in bulk, probably millions of them, in the hopes that a couple of actual customers will get them and respond. Anybody who fills out the info on their form will have their account cleaned out.

The same scam is perped against ebay, PayPal, Citibank and BOA customers, as well as Spanish banks.

Bobby D. Hunter