| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  trouble printing CD covers w/Roxio EasyCDCreator
John Pelz

Kettering, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2004 5:10 pm    

I've been having trouble w/my version of Roxio Easy CD Creator Platinum (vers. 5) for a while now. I've been using it primarily to make labels for LPs that I've recorded to CD. The problem is that most of the time, JPEGs that I've created w/my scanner OR digital camera & layed out on the CD-label template won't print. I got the camera a little while ago, and except for one time, none of the JPEGs created w/the camera have printed as labels. I lay out the JPEGs in the CD-label creator template, lay out the text & then try to print, but nothing happens-- the print-job doesn't even get spooled. If I remove the offending JPEG, leaving only text, the label prints w/o a hitch. As an experiment, the other day I got a low-grade JPEG off the Web, placed it in the layout template, & it printed A-OK. ONE cover containing a JPEG created w/the camera printed just fine, but every other time, nothing has happened. I really don't know if the problem is a bug with Roxio ECDC or if I'm doing something wrong myself. (Maybe some incorrect settings?) I do have another CD label creating program, Data Becker CD LabelMaker 2.0, and I don't have any trouble with that one. The only problem is, Data Becker has apparently gone bankrupt & I've run out of their proprietary labels, etc.! Any suggestions?
Ray Minich

Bradford, Pa. Frozen Tundra
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2004 6:11 pm    

Have you upgraded to the latest version of Platinum 5.3.5 from the Roxio website?

Check out www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc/software_updatesv5.jhtml

if you haven't yet. You can also get the drivers for the newer CDRW drives here too (for Platinum 5...)

[This message was edited by Ray Minich on 08 June 2004 at 07:11 PM.]

[This message was edited by Ray Minich on 08 June 2004 at 07:12 PM.]

[This message was edited by Ray Minich on 08 June 2004 at 07:13 PM.]

John Pelz

Kettering, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2004 6:41 pm    

Thanks for the link, Ray. (ha ha!-- a pun sort of: "link, Ray"... Link Wray...) Anyhow -- I have considered upgrading, Ray, but would like to hold off until I know for sure whether the problem is either a bug or something that I'm doing wrong...
Gere Mullican

LaVergne, Tennessee, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2004 5:49 am    

I have used Print Shop for a long time to make all my labels includingn CD labels. It is so easy to use and versatile and there are so many different labels to choose from. Just an idea.
Gere
Ray Minich

Bradford, Pa. Frozen Tundra
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2004 5:56 am    

John, I should have mentioned it that upgrade to 5.3.5 is a freebie. It does fix some problems and functionality issues with the version 5 that shipped in the box. Just so you are aware that that upgrade is the free one.

[This message was edited by Ray Minich on 09 June 2004 at 08:07 AM.]

Bobby Lee

Cloverdale, California, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2004 10:47 am    

Print Shop has a product that just does CD labels called "The Print Shop CD Label Creator". It's pretty cheap (I think about $20) and it does a really good job. I use it all the time.

The program I wrote for Avery on the Internet does a good job of printing, but the template selection is limited. I didn't have any control over that aspect of it. Click here to access the Avery site. The "Jazz Masters" template (on the "Select a Design" page) is probably the best one for music CDs.

------------------
Bobby Lee - email: quasar@b0b.com - gigs - CDs, Open Hearts
Sierra Session 12 (E9), Williams 400X (Emaj9, D6), Sierra Olympic 12 (C6add9),
Sierra Laptop 8 (E6add9), Fender Stringmaster (E13, A6),
Roland Handsonic, Line 6 Variax
John Pelz

Kettering, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2004 5:21 pm    

Thanks for all your advice, everybody. I guess I'll re-install ECDC, upgrade to version 5.3.5 and see if that does the trick. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll start thinking about using Print Shop...
jolynyk

Prince Albert Sask. Canada
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2004 6:33 am    

Another program I use & have very good luck with is called SURE THING CD LABELLER .. It has oodles of templates, & does jackets also.... John