| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Recording on computer set-up ?
David Coplin

Eugene, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2004 7:42 pm    

I'm new to the computer studio world. I'm using a Nashville 400 amp and I need to know the set-up from the amp to the line-in on the computer sound board. I am using Cakewalk home studio 2002. Thanks for any help

Dave Coplin
Les Pierce

Shreveport, LA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2004 9:09 pm    

David,

I have never had a Nashville 400, but if it's not too old, it should have a "Preamp Out" jack, or an "Effects Send" jack. Either one of those should match the line input on your sound card.

You'll need either, an adapter to go from 1/4" mono phone to 1/8" stereo, or a patch cord setup likewise.

I've used a Y-jack to split my signal so it will go to the amp (so I can hear it), and the other side to the Mic input on my sound card. (You could just plug into the Mic input without the splitter, but you may not be able to hear what you are recording, or it may lag behind what you are trying to follow).

Just fool around until you find something that works. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Take care,

Les

David Coplin

Eugene, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2004 9:35 pm    

Thanks Les, I finally went back through earlier forum posts and got the same answer as yours. From the PreAmp out. I had a plug adapter so I am in business now. Now all I have to figure out is how to use this "Cakewalk" recorder program. I think that will keep me busy for awhile.
By the way, my Dad,his father and his gradfather are all from back there close to
where you are. Most of them settled in Pike County.
Thanks again for the tip.

Dave Coplin
Les Pierce

Shreveport, LA
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2004 8:31 pm    

That's funny, Dave, all of my family, including me, are from Oregon. They are all in the Corvallis/Salem area, and I'm still hanging out here in the South.

If you find Cakewalk lacking, try n-Track Studio.

http://fasoft.com

I find it very easy to use, and it does everythng I'll ever need from a software recorder, and them some.

Take care,

Les