| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Is Paypal Confusing ?
Dale Sollenberger

Chambersburg Pa. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2002 9:10 am    

Is Paypal Confusing,Or Is It Me? I've Been Trying To Register A Credit Card With Them,And They Won't Accept It, And I Know It's A Perfectly Good Account. I've Been Trying To Reach Them On The 800#,But I Was On That For An Hour,And They Never Answered,So I Hung Up.Can Anyone Help?
Everett Cox

Marengo, OH, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2002 10:02 am    

Hi Dale-- Can't help much. Yes, PalTalk does seem a bit confusing. Worth some trouble, though. I really like the 'Australian country' group/room in the 'music' category.
Hope someone else can answer your query.
Buck Dilly

Branchville, NJ, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2002 1:50 pm    

I suggest that you read the eBay users forum about Paypal. I have decided to avoid it like the plague.
Everett Cox

Marengo, OH, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2002 5:23 pm    

Sorry-- got to learn to read better. (But I was just logged on to PalTalk and the Aussie's really know good country music. That particular audio-chat room play a lot of what many on this forum would like.)

As for PayPal, no, I have not been too confused by that outfit. In fact, they've given me good service for a couple years now.
But, I've not tried (not had to) set up any new accounts for quite a while. --Everett
Dale Sollenberger

Chambersburg Pa. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2002 7:33 am    

Thanks Guys,I Haven't Had Much Experience With Paypal In The Past,But What Little I've Had Hasn't Been Good.It May Have Been Because I Was Too Dumb To Follow Directions.Whatever The Problem Was,I'm Not Going To Worry Too Much About It.I Think I'll Take Buck's Advice,And Avoid It Like The Plague.Thanks Again.
erik

Post  Posted 24 Mar 2002 10:55 am    

You can't use PayPal if you have a PO Box. That's about all i know.
Charles McGough

Sterlington, LA, USA
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2002 2:00 pm    

I have a P. O. Box and I have been using Paypal for a couple of years now with no problems.
Charles McGough
Sterlington, LA
winston

Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2002 4:18 pm    

I haven't had any problems with PayPal either.
erik

Post  Posted 25 Mar 2002 1:15 am    

How come on the application it says, "no PO Box".
steve takacs

beijing, china via pittsburgh (deceased)
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2002 6:33 am    

I'm not a real fan of Paypal. A year ago my credit card expired and no big deal...I thought. Even though I received a new card, the company asked for about 8 pieces of extra information, several of which required me being in the USA to obtain. Since I work outside the country most of the year I wrote them and explained. As far as I'm concerned they should have changed their name to "Deaf Ears Are Us" or use the modified Alred E Neuman variant, "What, me service?" I kept getting computer generated messages back warning me to send in the information. Guess who's not using Paypal anymore? This is only one guy's story.
Dale Sollenberger

Chambersburg Pa. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2002 7:00 am    

My Address Is A Regular,Residentual Address, The Same Address I've Had For The Last 27 Yrs,And The Same Credit Card Account I've Had For The Last 5 Yrs.,With An Excellent Credit Rating.I Don't Know What Their Problem Is,But That,s Exactly What It Is,Theirs,Not Mine.I Guess The Quickest Way For Me To Send Pictures To Lori For BUY & SELL,Is To Send Her A Money Order,Then She Can Send Me An Email,And Let Me Know She Got The Money Order.Then I Can Email The Pictures To Her.Seems Like The Long Way Around,But....
Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2002 12:13 pm    

No PAYPAL problems here..

TP
erik

Post  Posted 25 Mar 2002 2:31 pm    

Dale, do you have experience buying online? Because, when you enter CC information it has to match up with the card correctly. Does your home phone number you typed in match the one registered with your card? Is your expiration date correct and current? Just a few ideas to consider.
Dale Sollenberger

Chambersburg Pa. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2002 12:12 pm    

OK Folks,Here's The Deal.I'll Explain It To You As Best As I Can.I Finally Got To Talk To An Actual Human Being Over The Phone At Paypal, And This Is What She Told Me.About Two Yrs.,I Opened An Account With Paypal,Then,About 3 Or 4 Mos.Later I Closed It,So When I Tried To Open Another Account Under Another Email Address,Paypal Would Not Accept The Same Credit Card #.It Doesn't Make Any Sense To Me,Because Aren't You Allowed To Have 7 Or 8 Email Address'?
Ernie Renn

Brainerd, Minnesota USA
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2002 7:30 pm    

Dale;
You are allowed to have more than one address, but they're all on the same account. If you closed the old one, you'll probably have to see if you can re-open the old one. Then add the new address to that account.
I've used PayPal for over two years and haven't had any problems. I've heard horror stories, but it's hard to imagine because I've never had a problem, (KNOCK WOOD!)

------------------
My best,
Ernie

The Official Buddy Emmons Website
www.buddyemmons.com

Janice Brooks

Pleasant Gap Pa
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2002 1:56 pm    

Has anyone else who recently signed up for Pay Pal been getting email from the DHC(?)
network

------------------
Janice "Busgal" Brooks
ICQ 44729047