| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  need help setting amp
Eldon Buckhannon

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2006 4:20 am    

hi guys,,i need a little help setting up amp,i have a sho bud mav. 3ped,0 knee lev.a peavey tnt b/w,,peavey deltafex i have no ldea how to set these things, i just need a good starting point to get a good clean sound, i have searched the forum found very little info other than the amp works well for STEEL and some like the deltafex and some don't,but nothing on how to set the amp or delta for steel please help,,thank you,and GOD BLESS,eldon
Curtis Alford

BastropTexas, USA 78602
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2006 4:48 am    

Eldon,
Have you tried going to the www.Peavey.com site and click on support then type in your model TNT and download the manual. They typically have the basic settings in it the amps.
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2006 5:45 am    

The Peavey site is a good start. Or call Mike Brown at Peavey and he will help you. 1 (877) 732-8391 x 1180

There are several different TNT models. I used to have a TNT115S bass amp.
Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2006 5:12 pm    

Hello Eldon,
I am sorry that I missed your post here. I usually visit this site once a day to field the various questions about our products.

The TNT amplifier is actually for use with an electric bass guitar. However, it does have some of the same characteristics that are found in a steel guitar amp such as a high damping factor. The equalization section is not designed to exactly enhance the frequencies that a steel guitar reproduces, nor is the speaker voiced properly, but it will work nonetheless.

On the other hand, the Deltafex is a good choice for digital effects. There is no "hard and fast" presets that work well with a steel guitar as just about any of them sound good for steel. However, I would start with a good delay sound, the try a reverb preset that sounds good to you. This would be a good starting place.

If you will call me toll free at 1-877-732-8391, ext.1180, I will be more than glad to explain how both products operate.

By the way, I would plug the Deltafex into the effects loop, ie; effects send jack on amp to the input on the Deltafex. Then, using a second cable, connect from the left output of the Deltafex to the effects return jack on the amp. All effects settings would be made on the Deltafex.

I look forward to your call.

Mike Brown
Peavey USA
Eldon Buckhannon

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2006 5:44 am    

hi,guys,,thank you very much for all the good info.i did go to the peavey site and set the amp the way they recamend, and now have a much better sound.thank's again for your time,and GOD BLESS,ELDON