| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  For Mike Brown
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2005 4:07 pm    

Hi Mike I love this Nashville 112 bbut it has a problem.It has a Hum that is louder as you turn it up. If I use my Pro Fex it does not hum as I turn the Reverb all the way down. If I use my RV-3 and Izzy Plus it hums and it gets worst when you turn the Reverb up.If I play my Steel soft so i don't drive my wife out of the house the hum almost drowns out my Steel. Now there is someting wrong with this Amp. It has been this way since I bought it new from Bobbe Seymour.I have turned the reverb around and it made no diffrents.I want this Amp straitened out so i can hear myself play.Any help would be Appreciated.
Sam White
Curt Langston

Post  Posted 25 Oct 2005 6:07 pm    

Samuel, do you think Mike can "straighten it out" on this forum? Of course not. You need to ship it to the factory, and let the techs look at it. How can anyone fix it, if they don't have it? Peavey has a very good reputation for standing by their products. Give them a call and discuss it. They always answer the phone, and are very friendly.
Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2005 3:23 am    

My new 112 has a little hum in it if I use the high gain jack. I just started using the send jack that is next to the high/low jacks. Turned the reverb off and using a RV-3 delay/reverb box. Hum is almost completely gone and tone is better.
Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2005 5:08 am    

Samuel, call me toll free at the factory. My number is 1-877-732-8391, ext. 1180 and let me attempt to assist by phone first. Curt is correct, it is impossible for me to assist via correspondence on the Forum. I am in the office from 8am to 5pm CST Monday through Friday.

Billy, I'm not quite sure what you are using the SEND jack for, but if the symptom just started when using the SEND jack, the hum may be due to what or how you have it patched. It wouldn't make sense to use the SEND jack without using the RETURN jack as well.

Please call me at your convenience as we are neighbors!

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation
Billy Carr

Post  Posted 27 Oct 2005 12:54 am    

Hello Mike, actually I was just trying different things with the 112 and found that going into the send jack from the volume pedal decreased the hum to almost zero and actually gave me a better sound/tone. I was using a RV-3 for reverb/delay. I do think I will work with it some more and see what I get using the send/return together. Thanks.
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 27 Oct 2005 2:18 am    

"If I use my Pro Fex it does not hum as I turn the Reverb all the way down. If I use my RV-3 and Izzy Plus it hums"

Sort of says there is something wrong with the RV-3 or Izzy Plus and I'd bet the RV3 power supply is the problem.

I also notice you say it hums if you turn the Reverb up. Mine gets some hum if I turn it up to 8 as you mention in another post, but at the "normal" reverb range - approx 4 - there is no hum. By that, I would say there is nothing wrong with your amp - and almost any amp will get some hum if you turn the reverb up that high (in the range that no one uses).
Billy Carr

Post  Posted 27 Oct 2005 5:54 pm    

I kept the same set up using the send jack but added a cord going from the other jack on the volume pedal into the return jack. Sounds even better now.
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2005 5:26 pm    

I can not send it to Peavey as I do not have another Amp. I sold my Nashville 400 and now I''m thinking I made a mistake buying the Nashville 112. I like the Amp as it sounds great but the Hum drives me nuts.I use my Profex with the Izzy Plus and It still Hums.I will call Mike Brown and see what can be done.I need this Amp as I will be playing out the next two week ends.
Sam White

[This message was edited by Samuel E. White on 30 October 2005 at 05:27 PM.]

Mike Brown

Post  Posted 31 Oct 2005 7:11 am    

Samuel, please contact me toll free at 1-877-732-8391, ext. 1180 and I'll be glad to assist. Again, our office hours are from 8am to 5pm CST.

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2005 6:15 am    

Mike I found the problem. If I put my Pro Fex on top of the Amp it hums real loud.I just sent the Pro Fex to Ken Fox to put a new Battery in it so I now am using my RV-3 with the Izzy Plus and have a light hum in it. I have the RV-3 on the floor under my Steel. Oh yes I also use a Hilton Low Profile Volume Pedal.I just tryed it again and it has a light hum I guess i can live with it. I will keep the Pro Fex away from the Amp and that also helps a lot.
Thanks for your Thread.
Sam White
Mike Brown

Post  Posted 1 Nov 2005 8:11 am    

Samuel, I regret that I didn't think of that so that I could've told you up front. But, I'm glad that you came to a solution. Thanks for letting everyone else know what your solution was in case they have this problem.

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation