| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Help with my Lexicon 110
Terry Sneed

Arkansas,
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2005 5:53 pm    

Guys I have a Lexicon 110 hooked up like this- VP pedal to steel, VP pedal out to A+B box, A+B box to imput on Lexicon 110, then from output on 110 to front of amp, imput.

I can go straight into my amp and get a cleaner tone, good string seperation, but when I go through my Lexicon 110 it gets a little muddy, string seperation is not as good. Can I hook my Lexicon to the back of my amp and get a cleaner tone? I have a poweramp imput, preamp imput, and line out. I don't have an effects loop on my session 500rd. I'd appreciate any help.

terry

------------------
Mullen D10 /8x5 / session 500rd/ American Strat Highway 1 model
steelin for my Lord

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2005 2:14 am    

The Session 500 has a "line level" effects loop on the back panel. The Lexicon should work good in that. The unit is designed for a line level (higher level than an instrument level).

Actually that was my complaint with the Session 500, the effects loop was line level instead of instrument level and I couldn't use the effects I had in the loop.
Terry Sneed

Arkansas,
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2005 11:48 am    

Jack, would that be the "preamp send/receive on the back of the amp? How would I hook my lexicon 110 and A+B box up? where would it all go in the chain? I appreciate your help.It sounds good like I have it, the only thing is, when I go straight to my amp it's a little cleaner, less muddy. I want to use my 110 if possible, I like the effects it has.

Terry

------------------
steelin for my Lord

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2005 11:56 am    

It's the "preamp" send and return jacks, located between the XLR connector and the Remote Switch jack.

Download the Session 500 manual from the Peavey site, if you don't have one. It details all the jacks and their function(s).

The preamp send goes to the Lexicon input and the mono channel (usually the Left channel) goes to the Return Jack. You patch everything else into the front, e.g. from guitar to volume pedal to the input.
John Daugherty

Rolla, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2005 2:54 pm    

The Lexicon 110 has an input level control and an output level control. I am able to run both controls at about 2 o'clock and use the guitar input jack on the amp. If you have the output level too high, it will overdrive the amp and cause distortion.
While playing your guitar, watch the "clip" light on the Lexicon. Advance the input level to the point just below clipping,on the loudest levels. Adjust the output level until you hear noise or distortion. Then back it down until you get a clean sound.
I tried using the effects loop in my amp, but I like the tone better when using the hi level guitar input in my NV112 or NV400.
The "sound" is a matter of personal taste,so I suggest you try connecting the Lexicon both ways and see which you like best............... JD
Terry Sneed

Arkansas,
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2005 4:37 pm    

Ok thanks guys, I got er goin now.

Terry

------------------
steelin for my Lord