| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Advice requested

Post  Posted 12 Jul 2005 12:07 pm    

I'm going to drive 2 seperate cabinets with 15" Black Widows and guess I need an amp and a Profex or something right? I've always used combo amplifiers and don't know anything about rack mounted gear. I want one of those rack cases that stands up next to your right leg.Thanks for any suggestions. Regards, Dave

------------------
Dave O'Brien, Okeechobee
'72, '75 & '78 Emmons D-10's
www.banjobubba.com

Ron Randall

Dallas, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2005 1:30 pm    

GD Walker's Stereo Steel is what you just described. One of the finest steel guitar amps made. The preamp and amp (built together) are lightweight, and take up only 2 rack spaces. It can produce 300 watts per side. Enuff to blow out a zippo! You can add a rack mount effects unit also.
I use one and love it.

hope this helps

Ron
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2005 2:58 pm    

Dave, I used a Peavey Transtube Fex and a MosValve 500 power amp for a long time. Don't have the Transtube Fex anymore as I went to a separat preamp and separate effects processor (the Transtube Fex is a preamp and effects processor).

Several of the Florida Steel Guitar club members use rack systems and they vary from the Stereo Steel system, to Profex II's and separate power amp, to my rig, to another that uses a BBE bass preamp plus an effects processor and a power amp.

I know it's a ways for you to Lake Panasoffkee but drop and see us some time at one of our club meetings or better yet our 3rd Anniversary Show will be Sat, Sept 17th.
Bill Myers

Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2005 5:22 am    

Dave,
There are quite a few that will stand up the way you are talking about. I have a 4 space skb rotorack and it works pertfectly for this. I have a blue tube preamp, two effects processors and a DPC750 (peavey power amp) and it works great. More power than I'll ever need. It sounds great!

------------------
2003 Carter D10, 8x5 Black and 1998 Carter D10 9x5, rack mounted amp and cabinets

Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2005 6:01 am    

I have a 4 space rack with a Mosvalve, Lexicon MPX1, and a Walker stereo steel preamp at my store for sale if youare interested.

Post  Posted 14 Jul 2005 11:37 am    

Thanks for the info guys - I'm learning! Know any dealers that stock this gear.?

------------------
Dave O'Brien, Okeechobee
'72, '75 & '78 Emmons D-10's
www.banjobubba.com