| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hawai'i Warning !
George Keoki Lake

Edmonton, AB., Canada
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2004 9:27 am    

Hey, all you great folks in Hawai'i and especially the Waikiki area....you are hereby warned that RAY "Skip" MONTEE boarded a plane this morning heading your way ! Get ready for some great steel playing by this Portland haole truck driver ! And I hope he meets Jeff, Bobby, Alan, Casey, Ron, Greg, along with many others and of course his all-time idol JERRY. Geef him a good time guys...it's da braddah's first trip to lalaland.
Ron Whitfield

Kaaawa, Hawaii, USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2004 9:55 am    

Civil Defense has been alerted and the island is in total lock down. The parade route from the airport to the State Capital is secured, and throngs of people are packed along it anxiously awaiting any site of this incredible human being!

Or..., I'll be meeting Ray (with his Bakelite in hand) and his wife Sally as they off board around noon at Honolulu Airport.

Sadly, Ray's great plans for a playing, if not paying, Hawaiian holiday were dashed just after paying for everything, as the Manny Fernandez gigs were suddenly canceled. But they are going to make the most out of unfortunate circumstances, and I hope it's an unforgettable time for them.
George Keoki Lake

Edmonton, AB., Canada
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2004 9:06 pm    

Ah shucks, that's too bad. But hey, it's kinda nice to be stranded in paradise especially with friends like you Ron. I know you will make their stay very eventful and memorable. Mahalo !

Graham, (below), No I did not get your e-mail...care to try again ? Mahalo.

[This message was edited by George Keoki Lake on 11 September 2004 at 08:49 AM.]

Graham Griffith

Tempe, N.S.W., Australia
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2004 10:35 pm    

Keoki,

Did you get my email?

Graham