| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Goodrich 122 volume pedal
Ben Elder

La Crescenta, California, USA
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2004 10:39 am    

I just bought, at a ridiculously low price, a Goodrich 122 pedal [not 6122] the other day and in looking through the scant mentions here on SGF, I'm kind of confused as to the function of the black side knob. (Silly me--as a pedal steel dilettante/poseur/wannabe for decades, I thought Goodrich meant light-beam exclusively.

Is the knob a tone control or does it affect the lowest and highest volume settings throughout the travel of the pedal? I think I read entries to both ... um, effects. I did glean an association between this model and the late Curley Chalker.

Any idea as to the age? (I'm going to leave well enough alone and not disassemble it just to get a pot code.) It's not the seemingly current address in MI, but is 12571 Lincoln/Grand Haven MI 49417. No serial number unless it's inside.
Brad Sarno

St. Louis, MO USA
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2004 12:42 pm    

I've got one too. The pot effects the taper of the volume pot. If you set it at 1 it's pretty normal. If you set on full (marked with 3 white lines on the knob), then the volume comes on loud earlier. I've heard that it was a Weldon Myrick mod, but I'm not sure about that. I had used mine on 1 all the time and didn't care for the fast onset. Somebody told me that people like the higher settings on loud gigs where you need to get loud quicker and be loud more of the time. You could always remove that pot and you'd have a good ol' Goodrich 120.

Brad Sarno