| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hilton Pedal Question
Ben Slaughter

Madera, California
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2004 11:25 am    

Do the Hilton pedals stay where you leave them when you take your foot off? Someone told me they didn't and they return to volume off when you take your foot off. Is that accurate? I'm trying to convince myself to get rid of my old noisy EB pedal.

------------------
Ben
Zum D10, NV400, TubeFex, POD, G&L Guitars, etc, etc.
Sidney Malone

Buna, TX
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2004 11:36 am    

The Hilton pedal should stay where it is when you take your foot off. This has been addressed before by Kieth Hilton himself in this thread: http://steelguitarforum.com/Forum11/HTML/003175.html

I love mine and have not had a problem at all with it. Hope this helps.

------------------
Fessy S-12U, Future MSA Millennium S-12U, Stereo Steel

Ben Slaughter

Madera, California
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2004 11:51 am    

Perfect Sidney, thanks. I always gotta remember to do a search before I ask questions that already have answers.
Bob Tuttle

Republic, MO 65738
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2004 11:52 am    

Mine stays right where it is when I take my foot off of it. I love this pedal and would sure find it hard to go back to a pot pedal.
Wally Davis

Belleville, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2004 11:53 am    

Here's my two cents on the Hilton pedal and I hope that Keith reads this. I personally think this is one of the best products to come along for steel guitar in quite some time. I now have more sustain and tone than I have ever been able to get in over 30 years of playing. So much so that it has changed my approach on playing. I have clarity and string separation anywhere that I play on the neck of the guitar regardless of speed. Wallace True Tones also play a major role in this also. Back to the original question. I pretty regularly use both feet on the C6th neck and have never had any problem with the pedal holding in place. I too am a Zum player Ben.
Ben Slaughter

Madera, California
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2004 12:01 pm    

I'm pretty much ready to get one. I just need to get the funds allocated from my accountant, I mean wife.

Lots of good suff made by my "Show-Me" bretheren.

------------------
Ben
Zum D10, NV400, TubeFex, POD, G&L Guitars, etc, etc.
Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2004 12:03 pm    

The Hilton has an adjustable clutch so you can set the return any way you want it. You will never make a better investment in your tone than with a Hilton.
Jerry
Gere Mullican

LaVergne, Tennessee, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2004 1:14 pm    

I agree with all the other guys. I recently got a Hilton and it is such an improvement in my picking (to my ears). Would not go back to a pot pedal. It stays put when I take my foot off and I really like the little adjustable feet at the back so you can make it steady on an uneven surface.
Gere
Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2004 7:36 pm    

I want to thank everyone using my pedals. Also, thanks for all the kind words about my product. There are only two moving parts inside the pedal, a piece of plastic and a spring. These two parts make up the clutch, which holds the pedal in place when you remove your foot. If the pedal falls wide open, the nut holding the plastic piece is to tight and will not allow the spring to pull the plastic back. Loosen the nut to solve this problem. I can not recall any pedal moving to the off position when a foot is removed, but I suppose it is possible. It is very possible if the spring has been altered, because we use a special designed spring. Someone putting in a wrong spring or altering the spring could cause this. We have had great luck with our patented clutch system. Anyone experiencing any type of problem should contact me. I am always here to help anyone. Hope this information helps.
Joe Stewart

Way Out West
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2004 6:07 pm    

Keith,

Aloha! I see that you're fairly active here in terms of recent forum postings, but you haven't answered several direct e-mail inquiries from us regarding specifications of your volume pedal . . .

What are we missing here? Do you respond to retail dealers only or something? Just what's necessary to get a reply from you?
J Hollenberg

Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2004 1:35 am    

I and a friend of mine have asked several questions about his products and we both got the answers by email in no time.
Keith is very quick with answerings emails.
Maybe you are using a wrong emailaddress.
Try again.

Greetings,
Jack Hollenberg
The Netherlands

------------------
Bob Hoffnar

Austin, Tx
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2004 5:30 am    

Where is this nut that needs to be loosened ? My pedal falls when my foot is off it.

thanks,

------------------

Bob
intonation help

Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2004 11:24 am    

Joe, sorry I did not get your e-mail. Here is my correct e-mail address. KLHilton@aol.com No space between the K,L,or H. Bob, good to hear from you, thanks for using my pedal! Take the two hinge bolts out, separate the top and bottom parts of the pedal. Inside you will see a spring hooked to a piece of plastic. There is only one spring inside, so you can't miss it. The piece of plastic that has the spring attached, is held in place by an aircraft lock nut. Loosen this nut a turn or two. This nut is too tight, and is not allowing the spring to pull the plastic back. If you have any problems, let me know and I will help you. Here is my home phone number 417-581-4158. Thanks! Keith Hilton
CrowBear Schmitt

Ariege, - PairO'knees, - France
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2004 11:35 pm    

Keith, i want to Thank You for goin' out of your way like you did to keep me runnin' and content !
All the Best to you and your great products

ps; adjusting the pedal so it stays where you want it is breeze -

[This message was edited by CrowBear Schmitt on 06 August 2004 at 12:36 AM.]