| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  LeMay Mod For Nashville 400
Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2004 10:41 am    

I am looking for the LeMay mod for a Peavey Nashville 400 amp. I am wondering if they are still available and if so what is the cost for the mod. I understand the LeMay mod really helped out on the 400 amp. Any info would be appreciated.
Bill Simmons

Keller, Texas/Birmingham, AL, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2004 2:05 pm    

I had two Nashville 400's -- one with the LeMay and one without...everyone could tell immediately the Mod 400...it cleaned up the overall tone and got rid of the 'nasal' tone of the amp. Do a search on the electronics section with the word LeMay...
http://www.miracle-audio.com

PS Many people say the Peavey mod is really good and less $$. Either way, I put one in a Nashville 400.
Ray Minich

Bradford, Pa. Frozen Tundra
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2004 2:53 pm    

Go for the Peavey Mod and you'll not be sorry. Just be sure it's done by someone with real good eyesight. Them little itsy-bitsy teeny weeny capacitors can get lost in a dust bunny.
Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2004 7:41 am    

Paul, our Nashville 400 mod kit carries a retail price of $29.98 and it can be ordered under part number #90500048 or you can order it through your local Peavey dealer.

The only difference between the kits is obviously the price, and that we safely rolled off the low end frequencies to prevent speaker failure. I don't believe that this was a consideration with our competitors' kits.

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation
Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2004 4:55 pm    

I am ordering 2 of the mod kits for the Nashville 400 amps, one for me and my brother Dennis, who is a forum member as well. I can hardly wait to get them installed. I have heard nothing but good about the mod kits.
Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2004 6:25 pm    

You will need to be able to read capacitor codes to figure out which goes where! I can never remeber them, so I downloded them from the net. I wish they could ID the parts so the techs like myself (bad memory and eyesight!) would not have that problem! I have done 4 of the Peabey mods and they are excellent.
Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2004 4:18 am    

Ken, That is where my brother Dennis comes into the picture. He is excellent at reading schematics and has many years of experience. I told him I am buying him a mod kit as well but there is a catch. He figured it out immediately when he told me I wanted him to install them. I can hardly wait since I have heard many good things it does for the amp.
Ray Minich

Bradford, Pa. Frozen Tundra
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2004 8:15 am    

Most of the caps are big and readable. There are 2 pairs of teeny ones that can be mixed up if you aren't careful. Other than that it's a solder smeller's dream.
Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2004 10:37 am    

Paul, thanks for ordering our kits this morning. It was good to speak with you.

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation
Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2004 4:29 pm    

Mike, I look forward to receiving the kits for my brother and myself. I will keep you posted when he installs them on our amps. I appreciate the time you have given me and the info you gave me as well.