| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Question about Peavey Nashville 112
J Hollenberg

Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2004 12:30 pm    

Are there besides weight and power tonal differences between the Nashville 112 and the Nashville 400.

J Hollenberg
The Netherlands

------------------
Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2004 1:01 pm    

I haven't had the two models side by side for an A/B test. But, the major differences are the power and the size of speaker. Maybe others can give you an opinion. Thanks for your support.
basilh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2004 1:08 am    

At the recent 21st Steel Guitar festival in the UK,on the main show, Sarah Jory, Gerry Hogan, Myself, John Fabian, Norman Fletcher and many others ALL used my Nashville 112... It was superb... to the extent that there were quite a few sold over the two days..

A friend of mine from just near Birmingham who is blind and travelled down with friends, couldn't believe that the amp was so small.. he had pictured something like the 1000... he bought one, to use with his Emmons.

I've just come back from the Aloha Dream Luau organised by Pat Jones in Brecon, and ANOTHER one has been sold because of the sound.. this was to a Lap Steel Player..

I must say that after an initial rather bumpy courtship, the marriage is solid.(The amp and I, I mean)

Baz

------------------
Quote:
Steel players do it without fretting

http://www.waikiki-islanders.com

Gere Mullican

LaVergne, Tennessee, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2004 12:16 pm    

Guys I don't mean to beat a dead horse but I picked last night as I do each Thursday night and I am telling you that new Hilton pedal makes all the difference in the world. That is the only thing I have changed. Still using the Nashville 112 with exactly the same settings except for lowering the volume a bit. I am totally knocked out with my tone. I have never been satisfied with my tone or sound but brother, now I am for sure. The 112 is a super amp, and I don't mike it either, and that Hilton is awesome. Just want to say something positive.
Gere
George Macdonald

Vancouver Island BC Canada
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2004 4:36 pm    

I have my new Nashville 112 set up in my "music room" beside my Nashville 1000 that I have used for almost two years. The tone of the Nash. 112 is at least as good as the 1000, [maybe better], and the three spring reverb is better than the two spring that is in my "older" 1000. The headphone jack in the 112 is a real plus at times too. I'm sure looking forward to taking the smaller package 112 out. It seams to have plenty of power for the places I will be playing. George
Eric West

Portland, Oregon, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2004 5:48 pm    

Gere. WE told you so....

I have used my 112 in place of my 400 on a 50x100' vaulted ceiling gig unmiked, and it went fine, as well, a LOUD bar gig before I got my Hilton. I think I heard more (not unpleasant) compression than on my 400, but that's about it.

D10 SHo~Bud ProIII

With the Hilton, of course my volume settings are at least 30% lower, and I think the tone of the amps I use are better, and surely less hiss.

THe question?

I think it's comparable considering 400s rarely get maxxed out.

It they did, of course I'd think they are 80/200ths by the numbers.

They're sure easier to carry and have a nice LowZ out.

Maybe they'll come out with a nice internal digital reverb, and a retro peavey logo.

I give it both thumbs up over the competition.

EJL
Sonny Priddy

Elizabethtown, Kentucky, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2004 6:27 pm    

I Use My Nashville 112 Every Week End It's All I Need. It Will Do The Job. SONNY.

------------------
Gere Mullican

Post  Posted 26 Jun 2004 7:42 am    

Eric, you sure nailed it. I just can't get over the sound , especially since it has been advertised only as a good "practive" amp. The place I play is not real big but I only have the volume on about 2.5 or 3. Had to reduce it when I got the Hilton. Thanks to Peavey and to Hilton for super products.
Gere
Kevin Hatton

Buffalo, N.Y.
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2004 10:48 am    

Here's my 2 cents. I played my ZB D-10 through a Nashville 112 for an hour. I've owned a Nashville 400. I think the Nashville 112 is better in dynamic range than the 400 even though it only has a 12" speaker. Its the first Peavey amp that I had no complaints about and really liked.
Gere Mullican

Post  Posted 26 Jun 2004 11:18 am    

Sonny, why don't you come down and hear me pick some Thursday night. It ain't no further down here than it was for me coming up there. If you don't mind listening to some plain old country music. I pick in Woodbine in a small privately owned building and it don't cost to get in. We play from about 6:30 to about 9:30 pm. COme on. I will give you directions.
Gere
Jim Florence

wilburton, Ok. US * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2004 4:56 pm    

I have a Session 2000, a PX 300, a 1000, and 2 112s love them all, I've only owned one 400, didn't like the tone of it.
Jim
Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2004 1:19 pm    

Thanks Guys!
Jeff Lampert

queens, new york city
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2004 7:55 am    

I'm late here on the 112 action. Side-by-side comparisons of the 112 with the 400 (with factory mod) to my ears shows that the 112 is a significantly better-sounding amp. The 400 sounds "boxy", the 112 doesn't. The bottom end of the 400, while deep, sounds flabby, the 112, though not as deep, is much tighter. The thin high G note on the C6 tuning is just much, much nicer on the 112 than the 400, where it sounds tinny to me. All IMO.

------------------
[url=http://www.mightyfinemusic.com/jeff's_jazz.htm]Jeff's Jazz[/url]
David Nugent

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2004 12:51 pm    

I thought I would mention a really nice feature of the 112 that has not been touched upon,the input at the rear of the amp for a CD player or tape deck. I run my rhythm tracks into my amp and by increasing or decreasing the pre-gain to regulate the guitar's volume, (the post gain increases the volume of both the guitar and tracks simultaneously,) you can obtain a fairly well balanced mix.