Author Topic:  Nashville 1000
Richard Brandt

Waymart, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2004 11:31 pm    

How many of you steel players out there dislike the sound of the Nashville 1000
Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2004 4:10 am    

Richard, I recently purchased a Nashville 1000 and have used it 3 times in playing with a band. The first time is sounded different to me but I managed to get by. The second and third time it was muddy and I never could get the sound I was looking for. I received an email from a man with some settings from some of the top players and I am going to try them this week to see how they work for me. The amp does have much better lows and reverb than the Nashville 400 which I do like. I realize there are many players who use the Nashville 1000 who have no problem. My only other problem is the interference with wireless systems. It happened to me at church and again Saturday night when I went to play again. I am going to give it some more playing time and the if I do not get what I am looking for I will sell it and try another amp.
Jim Saunders

Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2004 5:44 am    

If you go to St. Louis ISGC check out the row of NV1000's on stage. Almost everyone there plays through them and they sound good to me. Peavey has spent many years devoted to the steel usage and they have great amps. I don't even work for them.

------------------
Emmons Legrande II, D10, Gibson Console Grande D8, Peavey Session 2000, Peavey Nashville 112.
Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2004 6:35 am    

Richard, let me assist you with your Nashville 1000. This model was stamped with the approval of top steelers in Nashville and maybe there is something that I can suggest. My toll free number is 1-877-732-8391.

Paul King, please phone me again and follow up with me. During our last conversation, I believe that you stated that the problem had been solved by relocating the wireless?

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation

[This message was edited by Mike Brown on 19 July 2004 at 07:37 AM.]

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2004 4:53 pm    

Mike, We did move the receiver on the wireless mic and the interference stopped. For some reason I cannot explain there was a problem but we solved it and all is well. Thanks Mike for your help and concern. Peavey should be very proud to have you as part of their organization.
Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2004 2:02 am    

My feeling is this is a nice amp, maybe not the best Peavey has made in the total package , but an excellent quality good sounding stage amp that will cut thru the bandstand mix when you need it to.Very reliable and consistent.

I actually prefered my Nashville 400 with my Carter, but thats just my opinion.Others may disagree.The N1000 to my ears is extremely strong in the mids, but workable.

I have run into the wireless issue as well,you just have to move a few things around like mentioned above.

t

[This message was edited by Tony Prior on 20 July 2004 at 03:04 AM.]