| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Boss VF-1 just might be OK
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2004 11:15 am    

Just bought a VF-1 off Ebay, it is the next generation up from the Boss SE-70. Very similar with a few added effects. I was most interested in the intelligent pitch shifting. It has a pre delay feature which is exacltly what I was looking for. More later.

Larry Behm
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2004 8:18 pm    

Any VF-1 users out there who would like to share some favorite settings?

Larry Behm
John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2004 9:42 pm    

Can you do tap tempo delay things with the VF-1, Larry? How you like its sounds? Easy or hard to use? Good to use on the bandstand?
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2004 7:48 am    

I have a manual coming, but I do not think tap temp in the true sence of the word is an option. I did however see that a touch sensitive delay was.

It is easy enough to use on stage as I mount it on a little stand attached to the right front leg of the steel in front of the pickup so I can just reach up and make adjustments.

It has a guitar hi-z input that boosts the input signal so the effects come alive. Inputing through the back is about 1/2 of the volume and clearity as the front jack.

Like all units built for guitar 90% of it is overkill but it is a matter of weeding that stuff out. I ALWAYS start with an empty patch and totally built all of the effects for that patch.

Tonight is the first night on stage, I have had if for a week and am comfortable with it.

Larry
Len Amaral

Rehoboth,MA 02769
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2004 6:50 am    

Hi Larry:

I recently received a "video manual" for my GP-100 and it gets into the meat and potatos of editing. Especialy the pitch shifter aspect of the unit. I don't know if the VF-1 has a video manual available but it would be worth checking out.

Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2004 3:05 pm    

I now have a weekend of the VF-1 under my belt and the scores are in. It is a great little unit. One of the most powerful and true to the effect, units you can buy. The sound man told me he could really hear the realism of the effects, even better than my SE70.

I really think the Boss effects are the most vivid on the market, they stand out when you play them. This unit has a hi-z guitar input and I think that helps a lot. Pluggin into the back was not even close in clearity and presence.

It is so powerful you can just run it into a power amp and turn it up.

Larry Behm