| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  power cord for Transtube Fex
Bob Kononiuk

Springfield, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2003 6:31 pm    

Well I got my Transtube Fex today that I won off ebay, but I did not get the power cord for it.

If I cant get one from the pawn shop I bought it from, does anyone know where I can get one that fits?

Maybe radio shack or something similiar or will I need to go through Peavey?

------------------
Bob Kononiuk

David Cobb

Chanute, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2003 7:40 pm    

I spied you bidding on that.
Nice going.
I would think that a call to Peavey would get you fixed up.
This should work...1-877-732-8391 toll free
Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2003 2:56 am    

I got one at Radio Shack.
jim milewski

stowe, vermont
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2003 3:11 am    

this cord is used on a lots of different devices, printers, computers, Radio Shack will have it, or I'll give you one, you will love the transtubefex
Bob Kononiuk

Springfield, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2003 5:15 am    

Thanks guys. I will run down to radio shack. I am anxious to try it out and really do not want to wait for Peavy to send me one. (ya'll know how it is with us kids and our new toys )

Is yhis a regular cord or is there a "transformer" box thingie at the end where it plugs into the wall?

BTW, Jim, I appreciate the offer. I may take you up on it if I strike out at the stores here.

take care and God bless

------------------
Bob Kononiuk

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2003 5:21 am    

I know what you mean, bob. It is a regular cord---no wall-wart. I'd suggest making a paper tracing of the three-prong jack in the TTFX that you need to match up with because you will find a number of different type plug endings at RS but only one that is right for this.
Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2003 6:26 am    

You may also encounter what is known as ground loop hum with this unit. This is a result of it being grounded via the signal connection cable. If you encounter this and it is bothersome, try a three to two wire adaptor on the cord for the Transtubefex. I keep one of the handy litle critters in my gig bag at all times, as I often daisy-chain two amps, resulting in the same ground loop hum.
If the unit has only factory presets you will not like it at all! Find someone with a RAM card and Newman settings. It will load right in with the card. You cannot do a midi interface to a Profex 2 to get the settings, as the midi message is a "system exclusive" message meant only for other Profex 2 units. With the card, this in not a problem.
If you do not have a card available, buy one with Newman settings on it and you will be very happy! If you get one, I have a set of instructions that I made up for others that will help in use of the card. I sold about twenty cards on the forum last year and found that the instructions were helpful to all that bought a card and also others that already had a card.
I do not have any cards for sale, I believe some are avaiable on the "For Sale" section of the Forum.
You can also download Jeff Peterson's settings from:
http://www2.netdoor.com/~johnfera/TubeFex/#patch

You will need a computer with a midi-interface and cable plus a program to run all that. The program is avaiable at the same site.
Peterson's settings are a more oriented to a modern style. A lot of compressor is used in the settings. I really like his settings for 6-string guitar.
The Transtubefex and Tubefex may be retrofitted with a new memory chip that allows the removal of the pesky memory battery. The batteries have a life span of 5 or more years and can eventually leak, doing possible unrepairable damage to the circuit board. It is advisiable to remove the top plate and do a visual inspection of the battery. Clean any residue off the battery and circuit board with a Q-tip dipped in fingernail polish remover or denatured alcohol (remove loose particles first with a dry tip). This will stop any corrosive action until a new battery or replacement memory can be installed. The battery in soldered in and is definitely not a task for a non-tech. The memory chip replacement is a plug-in unit. If you are very careful, a low wattage iron, that has had a bit of solder applied to the tip, may be used on the battery legs to loosen it up for removal.

[This message was edited by Ken Fox on 21 September 2003 at 07:28 AM.]