Will keith Hilton please give me an e-mail or call. Thanks
Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2003 9:02 pm    

Buck, try my home phone 417-581-4158. Your friend Keith
Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2003 9:23 am    

Man...that's service. Give the man your HOME phone number. If I ever need Keith for anything on my pedal I know he'll be there for me too. No problems yet and don't expect any!
David L. Donald

Koh Samui Island, Thailand
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2003 3:25 am    

Great to know. There is a Hilton pedal in my future.
Now if he made one with the old Fender tone twister, AND semi parametric EQ on the tone section;
BooWah!.... hhhmmm. Keith?

[This message was edited by David L. Donald on 07 March 2003 at 03:35 AM.]

Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2003 5:40 pm    

Keith....Have you recooped from your illness a few weeks ago? I hope you're feeling better. We missed you at the N.E. Iowa Steel Guitar Jam.
I've been using the Hilton pedal for 3 yrs. No problems and would never go back to a pot pedal.
Dennis
David L. Donald

Post  Posted 10 Mar 2003 4:30 pm    

Keith I have had a few thoughts on your pedals. Besides that I want one this spring.
I don't know exactly what circuits you use, but here are some thoughts.

1) to have a variable pedal/output Db curve
would be very popular with PSG'ers it would help tailor the sustainment to players styles and choice of foot positions. Some would like a low long slow curve and a solo boost on top,
others a quicker entree and a long slow rise after.

I would want medium intro speed to fade in, long slow middle to control sustanment up to 75% and a fast top 25% for licks

2) a remake of the Fender volume tone pedal (boowah) but with paramteric or semi parametric Eq on the tone section, Even a choice of 1, 2 or 3 parallel bands controled by the ankle twist

Yes I know, you must be asking who the hell is this french nutter. I have thrown suggestions out at AES for years and ocasionally seen them happen. Like the Drawmer 1969 preamp.
If you build it.. they will come.
And I'll demo a prototype for you.. hint hint!
David L. Donald

Post  Posted 14 Mar 2003 1:37 am    

I guess Keith hasn't seen this. Because I haven't gotten an outraged e-mail or a posting...LOL.
Or maybe he is still wrapping his head around the idea. I imagine it is food for thought.
And maybe it means a $400 floor pedal too! Yikes!

[This message was edited by David L. Donald on 14 March 2003 at 01:38 AM.]

Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2003 8:59 am    

Dennis, yes I am feeling better. I felt really sad about having to cancel out on playing the big steel show in Waterloo. I had a 4/4 shuffle version of "Cinderella" that would curl your hair worked out. David it sounds to me like you are wanting an old time "Do Wah" pedal, one with a top that moves. David, when you talk of moving frequencies, that can mean several diffrent things, all the way from a simple capacitor to ground, to a full blown "wah wah". Lots of things are involved besides simple taper. Things like the "Q" of the circuit,the bandwidth, and on and on. David, here is my humble opinion, for what it is worth: It would not be enough to have a circuit that is better than any other "Do Wah" or "wah wah" circuit. In my opinion there needs to be a new and different mechanical application. Meaning---a knee lever that operates the circuit, a push button that operates the circuit, a elbow lever that operates the circuit ETC. In other words, something new and different. Maybe that is why I have been successful at inventing. Hartley Peavey was my personal teacher and advisor when it comes to inventing. Hartley once told me he could not set down at a table to eat without wondering how the salt and pepper shakers were made. As far as volume control taper, David, I suggest you study the many differenty audio tapers to see why they feel to quick. After that study, study the many "Log" tapers. Then, once you find a "Log" taper you like, do as I did, send it to about 100 famous steel players for testing over a year's time. Then you can see if you selected the best "Log" taper, to please the most people. Hope this information helps.
David L. Donald

Post  Posted 14 Mar 2003 11:25 am    

I was thowing out ideas, I am electronicly trained but I am not an electronics engineer.
I was curious what you could come up with as a practical inventer,
combining the old Do Wa twist pedal (or another physical mechanism; attach it to the boowah lever?), with a 2 band variable q parametric eq where the center frequencies of two bands are changed by the twist in parallel.
Since pedal players have so much to do already this old pedal design seems practical and prime for an update into this century.
I was also thinking that some way to make variable logs for the pedal travel.
Why sit on an idea.. it could work in the right hands.