| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Us-224 Recorder
Harold Jack Baker

Ladora, Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2003 12:22 pm    

I JUST PURCHASED A US-224 TASCAM DAW CONTROLLER/USB INTERFACE THAT CLAIMS TO HAVE A CUSTOM VERSION OF STIENBERG CUBASIS. iT TOOK ONLY MINUTES READING THE INSTRUCTIONS TO ASERTAIN THAT I'LL NEED HELP FROM ONE WHO HAS USED IT. FOR SOME REASON IT EXPECTS ME TO UNDERSTAND THE COMPACT INITIALS-DAW-S/PDIF-VST-AND MANY MORE. WAYNE SENT ME A RECORDING DONE ON A SIMILAR UNIT (SO THE DEALER SAID)AFTER I PLAYED IT FOR HIM. MY PROBLEM IS NOT WITH THE MUSIC TO PUT IN BUT TO UNDERSTAND THE CONTROLS IN/ON THE COMPUTER SCREEN. SO I HOPE THERE IS SOMEONE OUT THERE WILLING TO HELP. I HAVE M.I.D.I. BAND, P.A. SET AND EVERYTHING BUT THE KNOWLEDGE NECESSARY FOR THE RECORDING ON THE COMPUTER, 40 GIG H.D.,500 MEG RAM, WINDOWS S.E.,USB PORTS ETC.

------------------
Texas Jack
Glenn Austin

Montreal, Canada
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2003 1:17 pm    

Hi Harold, The device you have is for controlling Cubasis software on your computer, and also has a couple of preamps for recording, and a couple of outputs for monitoring and mixing. You would hook it up to the computer using the USB port. You will need to install the Cubasis software on your machine first, create some blank tracks to get a feel for how this device works. Most probably when you install the program, it will walk you through how things are supposed to be set up. DAW means digital audio workstation, SPDIF is Sony Phillips Digital Interface Format, probably a digital in and out using a RCA cable. Good luck.
David L. Donald

Koh Samui Island, Thailand
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2003 4:24 am    

VST is basically a trade name for their Cubass's higher end sequencing and audio recording software.
DAW means recorder / editor and mixer in a software package on a computer with some form of input output device. That's your US-224.
You will also want a CD burner that is compatible with it, if not built in, or its backup and cd creating software, or use Jam.

You really need someone at your side for a good afternoon to get this together, but after that your will be a pretty happy camper with this set up. Bonne Chance!