| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nashville 112 Amplifier
Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2003 3:15 pm    

As you know, I have been an avid supporter and participant in the various Forum discussions, mainly in the electronics section. Since the Forum began a few years ago, I have been hearing basically the same question over and over again about an amp, ie; "How heavy is it?" or "What does it weigh"?

Well, I believe that we have the amp for those who ask this question and the name of the product is the NASHVILLE 112 amplifier. Briefly, the features are a 12" heavy duty speaker, 80 watts of solid state power, headphone out that defeats the internal speaker, volume pedal patch, CD/tape input, 3 spring reverb, XLR balanced output, send/return jacks and our tone mod kit has been incorporated into the circuit.
http://www.websitesthatshine.com/mts3_objects/newamp.html
http://www.websitesthatshine.com/mts3_objects/newampprelimspecs.html

The U.S. target price is $599.99 and I'm hoping that we can start shipping within a reasonable amount of time. I hope that you understand that our engineers have just returned from the NAMM show in Anaheim, California and there are other products in our amp line to be manufactured as well. But, I will keep you posted. Our intention(as always) is to offer the quality product that you have requested, but at the same time, offer it at a reasonable price.

Oh yeah, what is the weight of the amp, you say? Well, the total weight is unknown as we are working on the cabinetry, but I would guess that it will be around 40lbs.(+ or - 7 or 8 pounds). Using a solid state transformer and providing a good speaker just "pieces" of the puzzle in offering an amp such as this. Otherwise, it would scoot across the floor with each note the bassist played and each kick drum beat.

I hope that this gives you insight into the type of amp that has been requested of us. We do listen to your suggestions and I feel that this amp will provide the model that you need. I have used a prototype of the Nashville 112 for smaller gigs on several occasions and it works for me.

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation
Chris Brooks

Providence, Rhode Island
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2003 9:55 am    

Mike:

The new amp sounds like what many of us need. Thanks for developing it.

External speaker jack, too?

Chris

------------------
now living in the Ocean State ....

[This message was edited by Chris Brooks on 21 January 2003 at 09:57 AM.]

Dennis Wood

Savannah, TN USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2003 2:35 pm    

I'll take one as soon as they are available. External speaker jack would be a big plus.
dw

------------------
Sierra U-12 Crown Gearless, Peavey Nashville 400,
Peavey TransTube Fx,
Peavey Stereo 212,
Peavey TT Bandit w/ex speaker. Tele, Strat, 1970 Les Paul Std.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic......

Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2003 11:57 am    

Thanks for the info , Mike. I have been harping about weight in amps and steel guitars for years. We are finally getting some steels that are lighter weight. Now next is the amps. Good start....al

[This message was edited by Al Marcus on 22 January 2003 at 11:58 AM.]

Bobby Snell

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2003 2:00 pm    

Perhaps this amp will have a broader appeal than bedroom/rehearsal. There are lots of small clubs and guitarists using Vibroluxes and the like. Usually the volume knob on my Session 400 is around 4, so 80watts should be plenty of oomph. Twelve inch speaker will be more effective at the shorter range as well.
Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2003 2:56 pm    

Mike...let me know if you need a field test done in the Atlanta area!
Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2003 5:39 pm    

Mike

Does the NV1000 have a headphone 'out' facility? I actually have one, but it's sitting in a theatre down the road so I can't check!
Mike Brown

Post  Posted 23 Jan 2003 7:00 am    

On the present Nashville 112 prototype that I have been using around Meridian, there is an extension speaker jack. However, this could change.

I think that 80 watts is plenty for an "in home" type of rehearsal amp or for low level applications. There is only so much that you can do with wood and metal to decrease the weight of an amp, especially with a transformer and speaker with a good sized magnet that is capable of reproducing the lower frequencies of a steel guitar. All of this has to be considered.

I'm positive that our engineers can design an amp that weighs 30lbs., is rated at 300 watts and is at least 20" high. But, there is expense in R & D, neodymium magnet technology, digital power amp technology and lighter weight materials and I'm not so sure that steel players are ready to pay for an amp such as this. The question is then, will tube enthusiasts accept this type of amp and will the use of alternate cabinet materials produce the "tone"? My guess is that they won't and the steel market is just too small to invest the amount of money to "test" the market out. A true tube amp of sufficient wattage for live performances will be "weighty"......no doubt about it.

Peavey Electronics is the only company that has invested in R&D for the steel guitar amp market in the past 10 years. All of our competitors are building the same steel amp that they built ten years ago. The only way to advance is to continue with new ideas.

Roger, the Nashville 1000 does not have a headphone output.

I'll keep you guys and gals updated on the progress of the Nashville 100. I'm guesstimating that it will be available mid summer 2003 if we don't have unforseen delays.

[This message was edited by Mike Brown on 23 January 2003 at 07:01 AM.]

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2003 7:04 am    

Mike, will the release name be Nashville 112 or Nashville 100, or are you talking about two different amps?
Mike Brown

Post  Posted 23 Jan 2003 9:46 am    

When I took the Nashville "100" to Scotty's show in 2001, not many players even noticed that it was not a Nashville 1000 amp. It looked identical to the Nashville 1000 cosmetic-wise, so since we are downsizing the cabinetry from the 100 size(it will be slightly smaller in size), I thought that it was a good time to change the name to "112". I get tons of calls daily and most customers don't know the name of the amp that they use, or they state the name incorrectly.

A Nashville "1000" vs. Nashville "100" would be easy to mistaken. But, maybe Nashville "112" will stick in memory. If you players have a better name for this amp, send your ideas to me at;

mikebrown@peavey.com

Marco Schouten

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2003 12:26 pm    

How about Nashville 80
or Nashville 120 (speaker size)
or Nashville BR (Bed Room)

anyhow, regardless of the name, if there will be a European version of it, I'll take the first one.
------------------
Steelin' Greetings
Marco Schouten
Sho-Bud Pro III Custom; Sho-Bud LLG

[This message was edited by Marco Schouten on 23 January 2003 at 12:30 PM.]

Chris Brooks

Providence, Rhode Island
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2003 6:31 am    

Mike:

I suggest a *really* good reverb in the new amp; good enough to make outboard reverbs unnecessary.

Chris

------------------

Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2003 12:46 pm    

Hey Mike, with all you've done for the steel folks out here, may I suggest the amp be called the "MB112." Anybody else??
Chris DeBarge

Boston, Mass
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2003 6:14 am    

Well if Mike's modesty forbids naming it after him (though I think it would be a nice thing), instead maybe you could call it the "Nashvillette".

Any pictures Mike?
Tony Orth

Evansville, Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2003 2:14 pm    

Mike,
I'm interested in hearing more about the speaker in the new amp. You said it was "heavy duty". Is it a Black Widow? If not, how does it compare to the Blue Marvel in my Transtube EFX 112. Sounds like it will do a better job of handling the low end.

Just curious.
Tony
Bill Ford

Graniteville SC Aiken
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2003 7:16 pm    

As per the Carter website,If I'm doing wrong posting this,moderator please deleat it.Bill Ford

Carter Steel Guitars
Previews
The New Peavey Nashville 112 Steel Amp
(preliminary, unpublished specifications)
Features
"Tone Circuit Modified" for smooth response characteristics
Exclusive pre-EQ volume pedal patch point
Foot-switchable spring reverb
Foot-switchable post-EQ patch
XLR balanced line output
Preamp-out/Power-amp-in Jack
CD/Tape input
Headphone output that shuts off internal speaker for quiet rehearsal
12" Peavey speaker
80 Watts RMS power
Lighter weight
Ideal for in-home players and small club gigs!
Approximate Dimensions
Unpacked Weight: 34.1 lbs.
Unpacked Width: 21.75 in.
Unpacked Depth: 10.75 in.
Unpacked Height: 18 in.
Packed Weight: 40 lbs.
Packed Width: 25 in.
Packed Depth: 14.25 in.
Packed Height: 22.375 in.
MSRP $599.99

------------------
Bill Ford
Chris Brooks

Providence, Rhode Island
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2003 6:48 am    

"Unpacked Weight: 34.1 lbs. "

Yessssssssss !

Chris

------------------

John Fabian

Mesquite, Texas USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2003 9:26 am    

The weight of 34.1 Lbs. is NOT correct and has been deleted from the preliminary spec page at www.websitesthatshine.com/mts3_objects/newampprelimspecs.html. Too much late-night cut-and-paste.

The exact weight is unknown at this time. Best estimates are around 40 Lbs.

More should become known shortly.

John Fabian

[This message was edited by John Fabian on 28 January 2003 at 09:27 AM.]

Tony Orth

Evansville, Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2003 9:43 am    

John,

Would you happen to know anything about the speaker that Peavey has chosen to go into this new amp. Mike Brown referred to it as heavy duty.

Is it a Black Widow, Scorpion, Sheffied, Blue Marvel, or have they come up with a new model for this application?

Just curious.
Tony

John Fabian

Mesquite, Texas USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2003 10:53 am    

Projected to be a Blue Marvel speaker.

John Fabian
Tony Orth

Evansville, Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2003 1:44 pm    

Thank you, John

Tony
Rick McDuffie

Benson, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2003 5:57 pm    

Hmmm... are you sure about that, John? In PeaveySpeak "heavy duty" doesn't equate to Blue Marvel. When they mean Blue Marvel they usually say Blue Marvel. The amps I've serviced here at our shop (amps that came with a "heavy duty" speaker, got a Peavey "heavy duty" speaker as a replacement. "Heavy duty" means something specific w/ Peavey, and I don't think it would be confused w/ BW, Scorpion or Blue Marvel. If I'm wrong about this, I'm sure someone will let me know : )

------------------
Rick McDuffie
Debbie Elam Band
www.tarheelmusic.com

Mike Brown

Post  Posted 7 Feb 2003 7:00 am    

The speaker is a prototype that I have used in the Nashville 100 that was shown a year or so ago in St. Louis. It does have a heavy magnet and has handled everything that I have thrown at it in a low to medium volume level range. So, it doesn't have a name at this time.

Again, the Nashville 112(formally known as the "100") is targeted for the in-home type of player, however, I feel sure that it will work in a live setting where you use it as a "monitor" type of amp only, and do not need to be very loud. Eighty watts is not enough power for live performances with a band.

I may be able to provide a weight as soon as the new prototypes are released.

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation

[This message was edited by Mike Brown on 07 February 2003 at 07:01 AM.]

Tony Harris

England
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2003 7:30 am    

Mike, would it be too expensive to add just one effect? Simple delay, in addition to the reverb?
Henning Kock

Denmark
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2003 8:44 am    

7.feb.2003
I had exceptional good results putting in a Peavey Black Widow 12" in a Renown 112 amp.
Kind regards,
Henning

Henning Kock
(pedal steel guitar, piano, keyboards, vibraphone)
Henning K. Music
111 Aarhusvej
DK-8300 Odder
Denmark,
Europe
phone +45 8654 2959
--------------------------------------------
e-mail address: henningkmusic@hotmail.com
webpages:
pedal steel guitar: www.geocities.com/Nashville/1520 www.steelguitardanmark.subnet.dk (information)
piano & keyboard: www.sitecenter.dk/henning-kock www.danskmusik.com/dmfbook/selskab/html/henning_kock.html
and for musical instrument products wholesale (to dealers): www.henningkmusic.subnet.dk

------------------

[This message was edited by Henning Kock on 07 February 2003 at 08:45 AM.]