| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Customer Support
Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2002 7:41 am    

Product manufacturers have a responsibility to their customers prior to a purchase as well as support after the sale. How much support is given to this forum by amplifier manufacturer representatives other than myself? I am not aware of others, are there representatives out there?

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation
Marco Schouten

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2002 7:47 am    

I haven't seen any other than you Mike, however over here Peavey is not an option...
(at least not a new one)
Still I must say that your support is great!

------------------
Steelin' Greetings
Marco Schouten
Sho-Bud Pro III Custom; Sho-Bud LLG

Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2002 8:25 am    

I also feel that a manufacturer should supply support after sale of their products.
This is good for the manufacturer as well as the customer, because the manufacturer can learn more about their product and how to make it better. When you select a product that has great after sale support you get a better product.
patrick donovan

orange, texas, usa
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2002 9:26 am    

Mike,

Yes they do and Peavey does!! I buy Peavey products because of the quality...and the customer support. Peavey obviously "cares" and it shows. I have an older N400, a N1000 that I purchased about 6 months ago which is SUPER. I just purchased a DeltaFex yesterday. I have never used any type of processor before....just steel and amp.. so far I am impressed with the Deltafex and the sounds I can get through it. Keep up the good work!

Regards,

Patrick
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2002 11:11 am    

At last count, I had 13 Peavey amps and 22 Peavey guitars in my collection. Peavey products are reasonably priced, quality built, and their customer service is better than any musical instrument company I have ever had dealings with. Keep up the good work, Peavey.

------------------
Darvin Willhoite
Riva Ridge Recording
Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2002 11:19 am    

It just don't get any better than that! These guys are the greatest. I can get parts, talk to a tech, get sales support, and more with no hassle! It took me 6 months just to figure out how to get a replacement part for my Roland DR-5! With Peavey, I can get parts and support anytime! Just remember, it's because Hartley has found guys like Mike Brown that has made Peavey the company it is today.
Joe Smith

Charlotte, NC, USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2002 11:51 am    

I agree, Peavey does a super job with their customer support.
Peavey's PA amps are some of the best on the planet.
Larry Wallace

Savona, NY
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2002 12:17 pm    

Hey Mike is there any way i can get your phone no. I need to get a hold of you. You can email me if you want. Thank you

------------------
Mike Brown

Post  Posted 10 Sep 2002 12:49 pm    

Yes sir, my phone number is 1-877-732-8391 or (601)483-5365 and you can reach me starting at 8AM CST.
Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2002 1:52 pm    

Mike,
Your post sounds like you're patting yourself on the back.

You deserve it!

I appreciate all the info you bring to this place.

No other Amp maker offers the on-line support that Peavey does.

Thanks.
Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2002 1:54 pm    

I think Mike is just presenting us with the facts! He deserves that pat on the back, too!
Paul Graupp

Macon Ga USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2002 2:10 pm    

If I ever saw a Fender rep in the steel guitar Forum, I'd go rent a Lincoln Town Car; drive to Milford, PA and get Jody Carver because we'd
be heading for California and one heckuva party. I'm too old to drive or play and too tired to do that but I'm utterly sure it will never ever happen so I can play this fools game. Fender and Steel Guitar is like Drinking and Driving. You just better not do that......

Regards, Paul
Mike Brown

Post  Posted 10 Sep 2002 2:17 pm    

No, no, no. Anyone that knows me, knows that I don't present myself in that manner and I don't expect to be complimented or rewarded. I really like my job and I am very lucky to be in my position. I am a Customer Service Rep who just happens to play steel guitar and I love 'em both.

My point is, where are reps from Evans, Fender, Standel, Webb and any other amp manufacturer that does or has built amplifiers for the steel guitarist? It makes sense to me that they would want to participate in this valuble forum. But, maybe they don't really don't care much for steel guitar? I just feel that steelers should support the companies that support them.
Jim Florence

wilburton, Ok. US * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2002 2:25 pm    

Hey Mike, is there any progress on the profex?
Jim
Kenny Dail

Kinston, N.C. R.I.P.
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2002 2:55 pm    

Lets take it to the next level. Where do you send (or take) your amps when a repair is needed? Usually there is a PV dealer and service dept. within a 50 mile radious. Where is your Webb, Evans repair sevices when needed and don't tell me they never need repair? My PV dealer usually lets me have a loaner if I need one before my repair has been made. Service and support is the key to my buying a product.

------------------
kd...and the beat goes on...

Joey Ace

Post  Posted 10 Sep 2002 3:44 pm    

How many amp makers attended the convention?
I saw two.

There were other amps in the booths of some Steel makers, but only Evans and Peavey had a presence on their own.

The question about on-line support is not limited to Amps. There's some major Steel builders who don't offer help here.

I never understood why. Maybe some amp makers don't like Steelers, but I suspect Steel Builders should.

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2002 4:03 pm    

quote:
How many amp makers attended the convention?
I saw two.

There were other amps in the booths of some Steel makers, but only Evans and Peavey had a presence on their own.

You must not have made it by the Stereo Steel booth. GD Walker was extremely busy all weekend, sold several preamps, amps, and complete systems, and still had time to give my rig its million note tune up.
Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2002 4:13 pm    

Quote:
My point is, where are reps from Evans, Fender, Standel, Webb and any other amp manufacturer that does or has built amplifiers for the steel guitarist?

Mike, you're right! There may be other good steel amp manufacturers out there, but their PR skills suck! If these companies only knew what this indifference or ignorance was costing them, they'd change in a hurry!!!

Both you and your company are to be commended...because you're the only ones who are doing new things, and trying to enlarge and improve your market. All the others are just "resting on their laurels", earned decades ago.

BTW, when will Peavey finally buy that old "California dinosaur"?
Mike Brown

Post  Posted 11 Sep 2002 5:52 am    

Why in the world would a steeler want to support these companies if these same companies don't support them? I have been told that one steel amp company takes as long as 4 years to repair one of their products and the other "steel amp" company considers their jazz guitar amp customers to be top priority. This makes me question their dedication to the steel community.

Thanks for reading and for your support.

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation
Joey Ace

Post  Posted 11 Sep 2002 12:30 pm    

Thanks for correcting me, Jim.

I apoligise to Stereo Steel and GD Walker.
They had a busy display this year and in
past years.

I just forgot, sorry.

-j0ey-
Kenny Yates

Hattiesburg Mississippi
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2002 6:13 pm    

I just take my amp to Peavey in Meridan, drop them off go have breakfast and shop around for a couple of hours and pick them up and go home. BTW call first and make sure they're not too busy that day. Of course it helps if you live within a hundred miles like I do. Sometimes we just have to gloat. See Mississippi isn't all bad like the news media would have you believe. I even see Mike Brown around there, of course I never lower myself to speak to steel players....that is what you call that keyboard looking thingie, isn't it?

ducking out of site for a while

Steve Feldman

Central MA USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2002 7:30 pm    

Quote:
Why in the world would a steeler want to support these companies if these same companies don't support them?

Not all steelers prefer Peavey amps. Service and support is just one factor in the equation - it's not the only consideration.

I like the ethic of supporting local businesses in one's community, and I do appreciate Peavey's notable support of the steel guitar community, but given that we all have different likes and wishes, I would ask, with all due respect:

Why in the world would someone buy an amp that they didn't particularly care for?
Martin Weenick

Lecanto, FL, USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2002 10:34 pm    

Mike, your support is really great. Peavey is very lucky to have you as an employee. Print this out and show it to your boss. Martin.

------------------

Martin W. Emmons LG III 3/5 Peavy 1000
Gene Jones

Oklahoma City, OK USA, (deceased)
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2002 2:46 am    

.....true comments about Gerry Walker of Stereo-Steel. He doesn't forget you after the sale.....and besides that, he rides a Honda Gold-Wing when he isn't making more of those great amps! www.genejones.com

[This message was edited by Gene Jones on 12 September 2002 at 03:54 AM.]

CrowBear Schmitt

Ariege, - PairO'knees, - France
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2002 4:51 am    

i've been a Fender Amp freak for quite a while, but i got to hand it to Peavey !
Peavy has been more attentive + productive to Steelin' since Fender was bought by CBS and Jody Carver was out lookin' fer a new job...
What if Mike Brown had played the Accordeon ?
Thanx Peavy + Keep it Up