| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nashville 400 Queston For Mike Brown
joe long

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 18 Dec 2001 7:30 pm    

I have noticed lately a hum coming from my amp and can't seem to locate the problem. Also, is it possible to go directly into the board for the PA systme thru the back of the amp or is it better to mike it from the front.
Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 19 Dec 2001 6:39 am    

The PRE AMP OUT on the backpanel of your 400 will work as an output to route to the mixing console, however, the signal is a bit hotter than a regular microphone, so you will have to adjust the input gain control, but you'll have to do this anyway. It may require a pad at the front end of the mixer. If you are routing the signal through a snake cable, I suggest that you consider a Peavey EDI Direct Box or the Peavey 1:1 Interface. Both work well, but the EDI takes the signal from the speaker output for true speaker eq and the 1:1 takes the signal from again, the PRE AMP OUT. But, the difference is that if you are using a long snake cable(similar to a 100 foot antenna), then your amp would be more suceptible to pick up RF. When taking the signal straight from the PRE AMP OUT without balancing the signal, there is less possibility using short cable runs. However, you can also use a microphone, but the mic will pick up every other signal that it is fed. Check these out here; http://www.peavey.com/events/studiopro_m2.html

As for the hum, I would need more info. But, does it hum without any signal input? If it does, I suggest that you take the amp to a qualified technician. Also, ensure that it is not something as simple as a defective cable or volume pedal.

I can be reached toll free in the U.S. at 1-877-732-8391.

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation