| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nashville 1000 vs. Session 2000
Steve French

Roseville CA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2001 8:03 pm    

I've got a chance to buy a used Session 2000 pretty cheap. For those of you who have tried both, how do they compare to the Nashville 1000 soundwise? I think I recall a thread here about Peavey discontinuing the 2000 because some components were hard to get. Does Peavey have replacement parts available if needed? (Maybe Mike B. could comment.) A lot of posts from satisfied 1000 users -- how many happy 2000 users are out there?
Fred Murphy

Indianapolis, In. USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2001 1:20 pm    

I have both amps, and I wouldn't sell either one of them. I am a little hesitant to take my 2000 out on jobs, as it takes a little while to achieve the tone I like. Every club or every place you play will sound different. If you were in circumstances where you alternated between two or more clubs,that you were returning to, and you can find time to program it for that club,it would come in handy to have it pre programmed for the place you were going to play, once you found the settings you like. It is also nice to have if you are playing more than one instrument. All you have to do is get the program for the instrument you are playing. The 1000 is a lot quicker to tune in your tone with. I have found buildings where I couldn't find a tone on it I liked, and I have found that at some places I loved it. I am very picky about my tone, and if it doesn't please me, it seems I can't think of any thing else. Most really good pickers don't seem to mind about their tone quite so much. They sound good no matter what they play through.
Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2001 2:03 pm    

Since you have the capability of storing 256 presets(with a RAM cartridge) on the Session 2000, I suggest that when you achieve the tone that you like, just rename it and store it. I'm sure that most of us who perform live probably don't play at more than a dozen venues at the most. So, it is easy to rename your preset to the name of the venue and use it everytime you play that particular venue.

As far as available parts for repair, we have parts to repair the Session 2000 for years to come. If a cosmetic part is damaged, we may not be able to replace that part after a few years though. But, this would apply to a few other Peavey products.

If you need further explanations, I can be reached at 1-877-732-8391.

Mike Brown
Peavey Customer Services
Buster Warren

Nakina,N.C. USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2001 12:59 am    

I have both, and I love both, I say "Buy It"
and if you don't like it , sell it to me
"CHEAP" "JAM4FUN"