| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Thanks to Peavey Repair Unit
ArtPalazzini

Torrington , Ct. Litchfield
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2001 5:49 pm    

To : Mike Brown and the staff at the repair facillity... Many thanks to you and Gene at the repair unit. It was a pleasure to talk with all of you and the turnaround time was fantastic. I can truthfully say that Gene was most helpfull and he`s a man of his word. Thanks again...... Art
Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2001 5:35 am    

I will definitely pass your message along to our repair crew here at Peavey. We are very proud to be voted #1 in Customer Service by MUSIC AND SOUND RETAILER for many years in a row.

At Peavey, obtaining replacement parts, repairing Peavey amps and providing support to our customers is considered a "service". Designing and building quality products is what we do best, but it is very important to a customer to be able to pick up the phone and speak with someone who will repair their amp at the factory. However, we have service centers all over the world who also maintain Peavey products for our valued customers.

Thanks for using Peavey products.

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2001 8:28 am    

I'll second this post. I have used Peavey's service center several times in the past few years and have gotten very good service from them, and their repairs are very reasonable.

The units I've had repaired were not working when I got them and even after having them repaired I still came out good pricewise.

I have a Session 500 and an LTD 400 that I bought new over 20 years ago and have had absolutely no problems with either one.

Thanks Peavey, for making very reliable equipment down through the years that even us poor boys can afford.

------------------
Darvin Willhoite
Riva Ridge Recording
Gene Jones

Oklahoma City, OK USA, (deceased)
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2001 8:47 am    

[This message was edited by Gene Jones on 06 May 2002 at 10:01 AM.]

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2001 2:23 pm    

Basically, it effects the lows, mids and highs, not just one particular range of frequencies. The low frequencies will sound fuller, and in turn the mid range will be clearer sounding and the highs sound crispier.

The mod is for some players and maybe not so much for others as a lot of the Session 500 owners are completely happy with their factory stock amps. However, when we incorporated the Nashville 400 kit into production units, only one Peavey dealer/steel guitarist stated that he liked the stock Nashville 400 better than the enhanced version. But, it wasn't long before he called back and changed his mind about the results of the kit. When we decided to offer mod kits, we wanted to stick to our policy of offering the kits at a reasonable prices..............and this is exactly what we have done.

Here are the kits and part numbers to order by;*Nashville 400 Tone Mod Kit
#90500048"
All kits enhance the response of the amp for steel guitar reproduction"

*Vegas 400 Tone Mod Kit

*Session 400 Limited Mod Kit

*Session 500 Mod Kit

*Profex II Mod Kit

If you are interested in enhancing the tone of your Peavey steel amp, contact me toll free in the U.S. at 1-877-732-8391. These kits can be ordered through our dealers and distributors worldwide.