| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Recommendation on Dod 1222rm Mixer
steve takacs

beijing, china via pittsburgh (deceased)
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2001 6:10 pm    

I have a chance to buy a DOD 1222RM mixer for $190 and am wondering if this is a reasonable price. Does anyone know how old these models are and if they were fairly reliable? Appreciate any input. Thanks,
Steve
steve takacs

Post  Posted 29 Jul 2001 10:56 am    

Seems that not many folks know this particular mixer. I'll rephrase the question to ask if anyone who's heard and/or used them, can give me information on ANY of the DOD mixers. Thanks, Steve
Carl Dvorcek

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2001 2:39 am    

Is it powered or just a straight mixer?I do know that none of that series DOD are made anymore. I'm guessing they're mid to late 80's vintage. I have an 822XL mixer. It's very reliable and quiet. It has all the bells and whistles including phantom power if needed. However, there's absolutely no support available for them as far as I've been able to find out. I bought my at a music store for $100.00 several years ago.
That equates to roughly $12 per channel. A little math and you come up with $144 for a 12 channel board. I don't know your needs, but I wouldn't pay any more than that for an unknown/unsupportable entity. Hope that helps.

Carl
steve takacs

Post  Posted 13 Aug 2001 9:08 pm    

Carl, thanks for your input on the DOD. I found out the one I did buy (witout amplification) was made in 1992; your information helped in my decision to purchase it. One thing I liked about it was that it had the low impedence XLR inputs as well as the 1/4 phone inputs FOR EACH CHANNEL. Here is what Jack Stoner mentioned in another post: "Definitely low impedence XLR for all the mixing board inputs. Low
impedence is less susceptable to noise, does not loose signal or
frequency response on runs over 15 or 20 ft and all better grade mics
are low impedence.

Between the mixing board and the power amp regular 1/4" guitar
cords work well." It also had phanotom power. I also found out that the DOD was affiliated with the company that makes Digitech products. I have no idea though if there is any support for the mixer. Thanks again. Steve