| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Goodrich Model 400A Volume Pedal
Bob Metzger

Waltham (Boston), MA, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2001 2:00 pm    

I'm trying to find out all I can, and perhaps obtain a schematic, for the Goodrich model 400 A volume pedal. This is an older pedal with a "dual photocell". Any and all info, parts, ect. would be appreciated. Does anyone know what years this model was made? Is anyone using one and how is it? Thanks.

Bob

[This message was edited by Bob Metzger on 03 August 2001 at 01:25 PM.]

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2001 7:59 pm    

Bob - I still have one of those pedals. I bought mine new in about 1975 or so. It still works like a charm and has the original bulbs in it!

Lee, from South Texas
Bob Metzger

Post  Posted 29 Jul 2001 2:38 am    

Lee,
How does this Goodrich 400A volume pedal compare to other volume pedals you own or may have tried. I'm trying to decide if it's worth rennovating this pedal for backup duty.

Bob
Bob Metzger

Post  Posted 3 Aug 2001 12:24 pm    

I'm gonna answer my own question (just in case someone else out there has a 400A): I looked it over and and a few solders and a new bulb later, I got it working. I took it to the gig, used it for a couple of sets toward the end of the nite. It has a great taper to it but has more 'throw' or distance between full off and full on than my old reliable dinosaur Sho-Bud pedal. As I've heard it said, these are a little darker than a pot (potentiometer) pedal but in my case, with my rig, it was in a very good way. I don't know if this makes any sense but it seemed to turn my archetypical Sho-Bud sound into a quasi-Emmons sound, so I'm kinda digging that right now (shock of the new). It makes a good backup pedal and I'll try it on some of my more traditional country gigs. I'm glad I rennovated it.

Bob

[This message was edited by Bob Metzger on 04 August 2001 at 04:46 PM.]