| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  power loss
HWHYoYo

West Sunbury, PA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2001 9:33 am    

I switched on my Nashville 1000 to find no power. I found that the power cord plugs into the amp and had vibrated loose. I thought I'd pass that along to 1000 owners.
jerry wallace

Artesia , NM (deceased)
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2001 3:21 pm    

I had that same problem several times myself..I though it very unusual for just viberation to pull the plug loose..As it has a strain relief on it..

Then I got to keepimg an eye on our bass player as he had a habit of playing little jokes..When he thought I wasnt looking,he unplugged the female plug under the back on my amp..

------------------
Jerry Wallace-2001 Zum: D-10,8+6, "98 Zum: D-10,8+8,Nashville 1000,Session 500 ,Session 400 head only amp,Tubefex,ProfexII, Artesia, New Mexico
http://communities.msn.com/jerrywallacemusic

Dave Robbins

Cottontown, Tnn. USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2001 8:40 am    

Jerry,
it's always the "Bass player" to mess with someone's gear, isn't it? Those dirty guys! (Way too much time on their hands while the rest of us set up all our stuff.)

Jes' kiddin!

Dave
Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2001 10:36 am    

I had this problem too. Seems the strain relief was too large for the cable, thus allowing movement. I changed the strain relief to a smaller size and, shezam, no more coming loose.

Bill
jerry wallace

Artesia , NM (deceased)
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2001 8:43 pm    

Dave and Bill, I solved the problem also in this manner..After I caught the bass player red handed pulling the plug,I held up my 12 string extra long bar and I told him that if the plug ever came loose again, where the bar was going!!And his new job had best be making sure it didnt come loose either by accident or on purpose.

Now after I set up,I hold up the bar so he can see it and he runs over to the back of my amp and checks the plug!!

------------------
Jerry Wallace-2001 Zum: D-10,8+6, "98 Zum: D-10,8+8,Nashville 1000,Session 500 ,Session 400 head only amp,Tubefex,ProfexII, Artesia, New Mexico
http://communities.msn.com/jerrywallacemusic

Dave Robbins

Cottontown, Tnn. USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2001 6:54 am    

Jerry,
now if we could just do somethig with those "clumsy" CHIC..uh..girl singers (did I say that?...heh heh). You know,... the ones who get their heels caught in your cords and hold the mic straight down at the monitor while they tell you what Reba McIntire song they want to sing?...."schreeeeech!"

Dave ( now I'm gonna catch "H***!" from every female talent contestant in the world!...Geez! Jes kiddin! )