| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  TransTube Fex ????
Ron Whitworth

Yuma,Ariz.USA Yeah they say it's a DRY heat !!
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2001 4:29 pm    

Hello All;
I need some help here please..I am running a Mosvalve amp + PV TransTube FX run into 2ea 15" seperate cabs for stereo.I wanted to run my CD player in the back of the TransTube FX unit in the line in using a stereo 1/4" phono plug..I got it to work & sound comes out thru the speakers.My problem is the volume is way tooooo low..Can barely here the CD but the steel will blow you down if you play along.I checked the global output(on the PV TTFX) & it is wide open at 100.Does anyone have any suggestions so i can run the CD player thru the 2 amp spkr's?? Thanks Ron

[This message was edited by Ron Whitworth on 16 February 2001 at 08:04 AM.]

George Rozak

Braidwood, Illinois USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2001 8:28 pm    

Ron,

This might seem obvious, but did you check the volume control on the CD player? I'm not really familiar with the TTF, but I run a CD player through a small mixer into my power amp. The volume control on the CD player on my setup pretty much has to be wide open. Anyway, just a thought.
Ron Whitworth

Post  Posted 15 Feb 2001 9:02 pm    

Hello George;
Thanks for your reply..Yes; i had the volume all the way up on the CD player & you can just hear the song from the CD..If you try & play along with it; you will drown the song out but the steel still has full power.
Anybody else have any suggestions??
Thanks Ron
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2001 3:37 am    

Ron, I haven't looked at my Transtube Fex manual or even tried running a CD into the jack provided for that. But, there may be a mixer or something that has to be put in the effects string for it to work properly. I know that has to be done if you use an external effect with the unit and probably the CD works the same way.
Ron Whitworth

Post  Posted 16 Feb 2001 8:00 am    

Here is a little more info..I checked the small cable from the headphone out to the TTFX;by plugging this same cable into a mixer board & that told me all of this is working OK..
To Jack: i was wondering if something
"inside the window" had to be turned on but i cannot find any mention of it in the manual..Also;if this is true-could it be a global setting or would each preset have to be turned on seperately??
My Thanks to anyone who can answer this..Ron
i am trying to run my CD player thru my amp setup to practise along with some tracks.
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2001 8:41 am    

Ron, I found the answer in the manual (page 11).

"3. Line/CD In
Accepts stereo signals from a CD or cassette player. ONLY sums with the guitar signal in the HEADPHONES."

You may be able to use the effects loop inputs for a CD player. The FX parameter would have to be added to the effect chain.
Ron Whitworth

Post  Posted 16 Feb 2001 12:40 pm    

Hi Jack;
You were on the right track..It was drivin' me crazy that i could not make it work so i called Mike Brown at Peavey.He told me how to do it over the phone so iwrote everything down & tried it after he hung up.It works GREAT!!..You were correct that you have to add the FX parameter to the
effect chain..Many THANKS for all of your help!!.I appreciate it!!..Ron