| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  BW Baskets?
Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2000 11:36 pm    

Can the baskets be interchanged with the magnets on the BW speakers?
Eg....Interchange 1501 and 1502?
Thanks
Dennis
Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2000 6:40 pm    

B is right, Dennis. Just remember that BW components are ONLY compatible with other BW components. The BW components are NOT compatible with the Scorpion components, and vice-versa.
Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2000 6:24 am    

Let me explain further. The only Black Widow magnets that won't interchange are the "flat" magnets with the label "Spider" on it. Spider was the name/label that was placed on the first version of these speakers. Today's version of the BW replacement baskets are not compatable with these older magnets. However, the 12", 15" and 18" BW baskets that we make now will interchange between the 12", 15" and 18" magnets.

The beauty of this is that if you want to change to a different voiced speaker basket in the BW line of transducers, it's as simple as changing the basket. The bottom line is that you save BUCK$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU DON'T HAVE TO RECONE OR REPLACE THE COMPLETE SPEAKER. With the proper tools(a nut driver and some masking tape), you can change a basket in about 10-15 minutes. Our Scorpion and Scorpion Plus series of speakers have replacable baskets also.

If you have other questions, please feel free to give me a toll free call in the U.S. at 1-877-732-8391. I'll be glad to assist you.