| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  This is Country??? Gag-Wretch-Vomit Content...
Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2005 5:37 pm    

Let's put it this way Donny, I don't dislike everyone in the music business!

[This message was edited by Theresa Galbraith on 15 December 2005 at 05:50 PM.]

Tom Quinn

Post  Posted 15 Dec 2005 5:51 pm    

Hmmm... the outlaw show I saw had Merle on for a tiny bit in the beginning -- I missed that part but my buddy called to tell me to turn on the teevee -- and then it rained a whole bunch of hooey...

I don't care if he can sing, I think his finger-flickin' act is for the birds, but YMMV.
Willis Vanderberg

Petoskey Mi
Post  Posted 16 Dec 2005 8:51 pm    

My favorite question for the folks who are impressed with todays music is...When was the last time these dudes had a song go number one for more that a week ?.
When I think of all the country singers and song writers who had songs rated number one as long as ten , twenty or more weeks,that was what good country was all about.
When there was room in the spectrum for all the instruments insted of nothing but percussion and keyboards and everyone playing a drone sound.This junk today reminds me of a bag pipe. When there isn't room in the music for Paul & Tommy and all the great artist playing our instrument someone ought to be shot. ( Producers maybe ? ) On the other hand , when was the last time you supported the good music by buying a cd ?. I think I will go fire up my guitar and play " I'm so lonesome I could cry ", that just about sums it all up for me..

Old Bud
Doyle Weigold

CColumbia City, IN, USA
Post  Posted 18 Dec 2005 9:38 pm    

I know this thing has been beat to death here on the Forum. It will probably never happen but I think they should have a modern country, or country rock chart whatever you want to call it. And a tradional country chart. Now let's get back to the hooker and senator. Like my latest bumper sticker says. "To country and proud of it"
Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 20 Dec 2005 3:15 am    

but...

would you PAY to see and hear KID ROCK sing a Country song ?

I personally feel that the association of Kid Rock with a Country Music show of ANY type is an insult to the many many great singers who can't even get a gig off Broadway...and those that couldn't survive past the Legions and Moose clubs of the world singing great traditional Country tunes and classics...

Jimmy Snyder playing Tootsies everyday is the perfect example of what I am saying here...

He is a GREAT singer...

Kid Rock has not EARNED a place of respect in Country Music...he may have earned it in the Rock/Rap world where he holds his groin area while singing , jumping and screaming..but thats where it ends..

When my band goes out to gig, we play classics, Merle tunes, Toby Tunes etc..
I can't recall a single request for a Kid Rock Country tune..

yes, Picture was a great song..and he did a decent job on his portion of the track..., but the voice that made that song was Sheryl Crows...she sang every Harmony line..which leads me to believe KR cannot sing a harmony line...if he could, the producer would have had him sing lines over or under SC..but he didn't...

Pay to see KR sing Country..? Not me..sorry...