| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Possable legends opry?
Whip Lashaway

Monterey, Tenn, USA
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2002 10:18 am    

Just a thought. Why not just buy albums of the legends and make them profitable to put back on the Opry. That's the whole problem anyway! I'm 46 yaers old. My folks used to complain all the time about not being able to hear any "country" on the radio. Neither one of them bought 1 album in 5 years. Unfortunately, that's the reality. The kids are spending the $$$ so everything is geared to the kids! I'm just as guilty now as my folks, I rarely buy an album unless it has a song on it that my band is going to work on. I know you feel ripped off when you spend the $$ and get 1 or 2 songs that are even worth the listening. Truth is these people are in the business to make money, bottom line. If we don't buy CD's, they don't make money. I saw this coming 15 - 20 years ago and spoke of it to my Dad. he agreed but he and most of his generation didn't do anything about it. Now, neither is my generation. I'm not pointing my finger at anyone in particular, just in general. Just my 2 cents worth.
Whip

------------------
Whip Lashaway
Sierra E9/B6 12 string
Sierra E9/B6 14 string
R. L. Jones

Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2002 8:48 pm    

You are right, Whip, I think back to when the Hee Haw was used as a summer fill in , it was so popular it stayed on 15 yrs. I think a legends Opry would do likewise. It would also become a lead-in for younger people to go back to old ballads ,lovesongs, heartbreakers ,and just plain old beer drinking tearjerkers.

Ahhh what do i know

R. L.
R. L. Jones

Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2002 8:49 pm    

You are right, Whip, I think back to when the Hee Haw was used as a summer fill in , it was so popular it stayed on 15 yrs. I think a legends Opry would do likewise. It would also become a lead-in for younger people to go back to old ballads ,lovesongs, heartbreakers ,and just plain old beer drinking tearjerkers.

Ahhh what do i know

R. L.
Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2002 9:09 pm    

Quote:
Just a thought. Why not just buy albums of the legends and make them profitable to put back on the Opry. That's the whole problem anyway!
You're right, of course, Whip. Only trouble is that you'd need 10's of thousands of people to get on board with the plan for it to work. And without any mass-market radio airplay, it's gonna be hard to reach enough people to make that happen. Catch-22.