| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Need some direction, advice, etc.
Rex Thomas

Thompson's Station, TN
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2002 7:34 pm    

This is actually a good problem, especially if someone is looking for a gig. Reason I'm posting here is that this situation is really not related to steel guitar, but more to my business. My regular job (more or less) is writing & arranging for family shows like this one: http://americanmusictheatre.com/ & I write & arrange for churches as well. Concerning the family shows; during the course of supplying music for them sometimes I'm asked if I know of any singers, instrumentalists, etc. that might want to work. At this time, there looks like there might be an opening for a synth player for a Christmas show in Charleston, SC. If anyone knows anyone out there that might be interested in this, PLEASE feel free to click my e-mail button & I will get your reply to the right person for details. What I can say is that these shows are seasonal & are similar to Myrtle Beach, Branson, Pigeon Forge, etc. So if someone is interested, e-mail me & I'll take it from there.
Now, the direction, advice, etc., is that I need b0b, Janice, Joey, Ricky, someone to advise me if this is not the proper place to put "got a gig, anyone interested?" and maybe you folks might know if there might be a more appropriate forum or bulletin board to place "now hiring".
But if this is not a problem, when this arises again, I'll place this in "Music". But I have been hit with "know anybody?" in just about all instruments including steel.
So there it is: A show (maybe 2 shows) is looking for a synth player, & is it ok to post that & maybe more opportunities like this on the Steel Guitar Forum?
Thanx, Folks!

[This message was edited by Rex Thomas on 02 August 2002 at 08:41 PM.]

Rex Thomas

Thompson's Station, TN
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2002 6:31 pm    

bump
b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2002 11:16 am    

I'd put it in "Events and Announcements", around the same time that you run the ad in the paper.
Rex Thomas

Thompson's Station, TN
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2002 5:32 pm    

Thanx, b0b. Am moving it now.