| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Fordham University c&w Radio Station
Kenneth Kotsay

Davie/Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2002 4:50 pm    

This post is in reply to Bill Cunningham who made a comment about when he was in N.Y.C. and heard a radio station from FORDHAM UNIVERSITY in the Bronx.

Back in the late 80's and early 90's I used to listen to PAUL BAIN the D.J. who broadcasted every Thursday night live from that Bronx College, 8 to 11PM. He would play all the traditional C&W stuff including Western Swing.

On his show he would broadcast previous taped interviews of so many of the older C&W artists including the new comers at the time like Garth, Clint Black, Randy Travis & the older artist such as, Ray Price, Jean Sheppard, Porter Wagner etc.

I taped about 5 hours of his live radio show during various times, he would play 5-7 songs in a row. One night he played about 10 songs of Connie Smith one right after another, I still have those 5 hours on cassette tape.

He would play songs that had pedal steel on it that I never heard before.

He would also have live local bands. Those where the good old days and in place like New York City.

KEN
anewcomb

Astoria NY
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2002 11:47 am    

Paul Bain is great. He's on WFDU (89.1) on Thursday mornings now. The signal reaches the boroughs but fades in Nassau county. His show is called 'let there be country' and that's what it does.

------------------
Andy Newcomb a beginner on the steel guitar
Williams Keyless S-10, Rickenbacher Model 59