| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  On The Good Ship Lollar POP ;)
Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2003 7:57 pm    

I have seen his name many times on this Forum
I have heard of his expertise re-building pickups that were on the critical list,but since I had been used to having the best man
I ever knew work on my pickups,I took for granted that no one could wind and repair a pickup like the master at Fender.

Since I have read a few posts regarding this
fellow's expertise,I thought well..lets see now,,I need some work done on my ancient "trapezoid to you people" and to me "direct thru pickups" I contacted the person I have heard so much about,what could I lose? nothing and have all to gain.

I want to thank Jason Lollar for a job well done on my trapezoid (I dont like that buzz word) but I got in touch with Jason on the recommendation of a few of you like Ricky and Andy and a few others and I can only say
that Jason worked on my pickups in short order and without all the ceremony I had in the past,he did the job every bit as good as the master himself.

Jason said and I quote "most all of those type pickups are just waiting to die" after all these are over 50 years of age and some abused and some just used,nevertheless Jason
Lollar a man of few words and much skill and know how did my antique pickups and they arrived in a few short weeks whcih included time in transit.

Jason walks the walk while many talk the talk
and I can only say that Leo was the last person to mess with my pickups that satisfied me,I can add that Jason did the very same thing and then some.

I beleive I pestered him enough during the process of my questions regarding ohmage etc
and he was polite and answered the best way he was able to,the way I was able to understand. He is a man of few words but does the job like someone I knew years ago.

If any of you players need someone who can do
a job and do it great,get in touch with Jason
and before you can say "Leo" they are back and sound better than new.

Thank you Jason and excuse my constant questions. I find it difficult not to acknowledge someone who has the talent and concern for his customers as does Jason Lollar.

One more thing before I run off,,years ago Freddy Tavares said to Leo (according to someone standing by)"quote Freddy,boy when Jody tells a story he paints the story with a brush,and Leo replied,yep and I wonder if he'll ever run out of paint .

This is NOT a paid political announcement just the facts and I want to thank Jason for his fine work and expertise in a job well done and there are more to come Jason,I have a few more that are on the critical list and
I dont want them to die. I started this thread on "No Peddlers" but Jason Lollar can handle any kind of pickup and that includes
everything, non pedal as well as pedal guitar and anything with strings attached.

Thanks my friend for your patience with me

[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 31 August 2003 at 09:06 PM.]

George Keoki Lake

Edmonton, AB., Canada
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2003 8:28 pm    

Jody, those words of praise for work well done are very meaningful especially coming from someone like you! They carry a lot of weight. My triple CUSTOM was built in 1953, (gads, that's exactly 50 years!) So far, I'm pleased to say, it still sounds as good as the day I received it. The p/u's are sharp, powerful and clear, no weakness whatsoever which says a lot for Mr. Leo Fender. However if, or when the day comes I need the help, your recommendation will certainly steer me in the right direction. Thanx pal.
Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2003 5:51 am    

George
Thank you for acknowledging my post and praise for Jason Lollar.

You can see and read of his credentials on his web site,but the real deal is expieriencing his fine work.
www.lollarguitars.com

edited for correcting his web site address

[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 01 September 2003 at 06:52 AM.]

HowardR

N.Y.C.-Fire Island-Asheville
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2003 6:44 am    

Jason rewound the pick up on my 1930s 7 string Gibson EH 150 (sorry Jody), and now it sings.

Excellent work from a real professional gentleman.
Jeff Watson

Anza, CA. USA
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2003 9:22 am    

Jason Lollar is da man! (I've got a batch of Rick p/u's coming your way Jason)
Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2003 10:01 am    

Quote Howard R.

Howard-----------------------------------
Jason rewound the pick up on my 1930s 7 string Gibson EH 150 (sorry Jody), and now it sings.
Excellent work from a real professional gentleman.

Howard.Gibsons dont sing,they "moan" from the pain of someone trying to make it sound like a FENDER.

You are correct,,Jason does excellent work and is every bit a gentleman. How come Jason
did your Gibson? I asked him not to.

Thanks for your comments.,,except the Gibson
part.
John Billings

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2003 10:10 am    

Jason is the best! He rewound the pickup for my 1955 National Debonaire. It now behaves like my ex-wife. Grabs you by the throat and screams at you! In a good way of course.
JB

George Keoki Lake

Edmonton, AB., Canada
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2003 10:43 am    

Ahhh, don't be hard on the Gibson, Jody. After all, "Mr." Gibson was on the scene long before Leo commenced building REAL guitars. I have 2 EH-150's and strangely, they don't have the identical sound. Neither has been butchered, just the way they are....I guess it is much like twins....they may look alike, but often their personality's turn out to be quite different. Anyway, I like those old Gibson beasts, but I still prefer my Fender Custom.
Orville Johnson

Seattle, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2003 11:38 am    

i'd like to chime in with praise for jason's work. he put one of his pick-ups in an oahu tonemaster i have and it now totally rocks. he does great work and is a fine person to deal with.
Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2003 3:15 pm    

George, and those of you who are fond of Gibson.

I am only joshing with you,I have the utmost respect for the Gibson company and always will have.

The reason I like to josh you is because years ago when I was starting to "try" to convince people that the strange looking plank of wood as many have reffered to it, the Gibson salesman would kid me and say heres the kid with the 2x4 with a neck sticking out and they would laugh like the devil.

This went on and on as long as I could remember,,then they called the area I had as my territory the "Jungle" and they called me
"Jungle Jody".

A few years passed and I had my foot in the door and people starting buying the plank of wood I was trying to sell.

When Fender started to make noise and sales were increasing, I walked past the Gibson booth at a Namm Show in Chicago,,and again they all hollered out,"Here Comes Jungle Jody" and I said,,you are absolutly right,I am in the Jungle with my plank of wood,but we
have a Lion who sleeps in the Jungle..The Mighty Jungle Leo The Lion Sleeps Tonight,but you Gibson guys woke him up,now watch us swing from the trees.

Thanks George and you Gibson Guys

Jungle Jody..friend of Leo the Lion.

I have a Gibson L7,,,shhhhhhh

[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 02 September 2003 at 05:42 PM.]

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2003 3:29 pm    

To add to my admiration for Jasons talent and from the expieriences I had have during my years at Fender, I can honestly say that
if Jason Lollar were there back then,Leo Fender would have had him right by his side.

That is how much I think of Jason's abilty and his temperament(sp)? is something Leo Fender would have been impressed with.

Jason,you were born to late. You should have been at Leo Fender's right hand side and have been his right hand man. Besides living was simple back then and people were different as was the world.

You deserve all the things these people are saying about you.

Thanks again for the GREAT job you did on my pickups,I beleive ole Leo would be impressed and say,,well sir,how in Sam Hill did that young feller do that???

Thats my Leo Fender impersonation,,,
Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2003 3:51 pm    

And to add my thanks and appreciation to
Rick Aiello for putting me in touch with Jason. He is just as you said "GREAT".

Thank You Rick.

Andy Zynda

Wisconsin
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2003 5:24 pm    

As I've said to many other folks, Jason is the pickup winding master.
Glad to hear that you got what you needed Jody.
And thanks Jason, for backing up the praise I passed on to Jody. You are the Coil-King!
-andy-
Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2003 8:00 pm    

Andy
You are so right.

Everyone loves Roses,Everyone likes Lolipops

Put them both together and you have

Lollarpops & Roses.

George Keoki Lake

Edmonton, AB., Canada
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2003 8:52 pm    

I knew you were only joshing, pal.

I am more a FENDER freak than a GIBSON fan. However I do like the sound of the old Gibson steel guitars. Those old Charie Christian pickups, (the monsters that they were), sure put out a nice sound.
Rick Aiello

Berryville, VA USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2003 4:56 am    

Fender, Gibson, Rickenbacher, etc. ... an "Equal Opportunity" restoration man.

His rewinds are rivaled only by his "Custom" jobs !

------------------

www.horseshoemagnets.com