| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Morning Radio Where You Are
Gene Jones

Oklahoma City, OK USA, (deceased)
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2001 10:41 am    

Les, I know the one you were listening to....I last tuned in there about two years ago, and tuned out for the same reasons you described....sounds like they have not changed their format!....You might try 93.3 KKNG, a little less chatter and they play "traditional" country music instead of the "other" kind. www.genejones.com
BJ Bailey

Jackson Ms,Hinds
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2001 10:45 am    

Sounds to me like you need to brush your teeth more,that would eliminate the hook pointed dentul tool.As for the radio,why your old enough to know that there is'nt anything worth bothering to turn the nob on it for.My advice is,Go on and let them teeth rot out.Now thats more naturul.you can alway get you a pair,of denture's down at the funeralhome.You can keep them in your pocket,when your not trying to impress someone.Beside's,there ai'nt nothing free'er than going around naked?and flapping them gums in the wind.And that would give the same results as your radio

------------------
BJ Bailey

David Pennybaker

Conroe, TX USA
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2001 10:49 am    

It's nation-wide, at least in any relatively large city.

Was that "Dave and Dan" you were listening to? They didn't used to be that bad.

Of course, even Hudson and Harrigan here in Houston are getting worse about it.

------------------
The Unofficial Photographer of The Wilkinsons

John P. Phillips

Folkston, Ga. U.S.A., R.I.P.
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2001 12:01 pm    

As a former radio man myself, I hear where you're comin' from. Seems the days of really communicating with your audience are a thing of the past. All they seem to think about anymore is the "numbers" game. Sad state of affairs. I miss it. Don't listen much anymore either!!!
Besides, I have no teeth anymore, They're sitting in a container by the kitchen sink, and us old-timers can still probably say more to entertain, with fewer words (and no teeth!) and less Bull, than all the others put together!

------------------
"LET'S GO STEEL SOMETHING" If it feels good, DO IT, if it feels "COUNTRY", do it TWICE
JPP

Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2001 1:00 pm    

Les,
We have 3 good FM stations in Nashville. But... when the laughing starts I switch stations! Theresa
Bill Crook

Goodlettsville, TN , Spending my kid's inheritance
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2001 3:11 pm    

Quote:
We have 3 good FM stations in Nashville

Where and what are they ????

For the past 10-12 years, the music here in Nashville has sunk into a new low.

It started with the "hat-acts" who couldn't tell a cowpod if they fell in one. I get sick ever time I see a dude wearing a cowboy hat and stupidly attempting to look sexy. The DJ's here have also fallen into the same area. They act as if the listen-ing public is 100% "Bubba" corn-pongs. That's whats wrong with "Nashville",For some reason, the Music row folks think we all are bare-footed and pregnant. Damm,I hate this.

More real country music and a common sence approach would be a much better approach than this crap we hear out of Nashville now.

Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2001 3:43 pm    

Bill,
With all due respect, we are hearing country music. The only crap I hear is laughing at every word the DJ says! Theresa
KEVIN OWENS

OLD HICKORY TN USA
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2001 4:19 pm    

The only time you'll hear country music on the radio is 6am - 10 am on Sat. morning with Eddie Stubbs on WSM. The rest is ...well yall remember the award show.

Kevin
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2001 4:26 pm    

Les, as you probably have been lectured by your dentist, it's not the brushing causing the need for root planing, it's your lack of flossing... I know from personal experience. I'm a born-again flosser! As my DDS says, "you don't have to floss all your teeth, just the ones you want to keep."

Yeah, morning radio sucks around here too. It's "duo" time "Sam and Bob," "Dave and Dudley," etc., where either the personalities embarrass each other or they embarrass the listeners that call in.

Hey, you called while I was up in Missouri, but I don't have your e-mail address. Whassup?

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

erik

Post  Posted 5 Jun 2001 6:37 pm    

All the same here, even the lite-FM station. The difference is, the lighter the music, the kornier the jokes.

Steve Feldman

Central MA USA
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2001 8:34 pm    

Folks, the radio here in the Boston area is teriffic. 24 hour jazz station, 3 NPR stations, local college radio with all kinds of folk-acoustic-blues-alternative music, oldies and classic rock stations. Seems like there is always something interesting on the air.

It's a good thang.
Frank

West Memphis, Ar . USofA, where steeling comes natural
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2001 9:04 pm    

Guys and Gals,If you want to hear GOOD country music, get a "DISH" digital tv. go to one of the 3or 4 country music channels and just lay back and listen. I`ve heard songs on "old country" that i have`nt heard since the 50`s and a few i never heard
.Judy Conova singing country? YEP.
David Pennybaker

Conroe, TX USA
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2001 10:21 am    

Either that, or go to http://www.spinner.com -- they've got a traditional country channel.

------------------

Ray Jenkins

Gold Canyon Az. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2001 10:43 am    

In Phoenix we have KNIX,once owned by Buck Owens.I don't know who owns it now and don't care.The 2 DJ's are called Tim and Willy,I call them the Katz and Jammer Kids.When the station sold they kept the Buck Owens,Red White and Blue guitar for the logo.Not long ago a black guy that dose the weather on a T.V. station was dressed in the guitar(they made a prop to fit him)he was dancing some kind of boogaloo dance to some rap beat,representing Knix the "Hot New Country" sound,in a pigs A$$ country.Buck Owens would have shot the whole lot if he seen that.If this is what country has come too,count me out.By the way these guy's are about as funny as a fart in a space suit.Ray
Craig A Davidson

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin USA
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2001 11:55 am    

All I know is a dish with a set of headphones is one hell of a load to walk down the street or jog with.

------------------
1985 Emmons push-pull, Session 500, Nashville400, 65 re-issue Fender Twin, Fender Tele

David Weaver

Aurora, CO USA
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2001 1:17 pm    

Theresa....

Be honest now....is it a woman that they have on the station that laughs at every joke, giggles at every snide remark and can hardly contain her joy of being in the daily spotlight? If it is, she was probably trained on KYGO Country right here in Denver. We seem to have an endless supply of them.
Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2001 2:22 pm    

David,
On one of the stations a female DJ tries to talk perfect, actually sounds like shes talking through her nose and laughs alot.
But, the other 2 stations have men laughing at everything and now I've even noticed it on WLAC talk radio.
So I switch stations alot until I find music!Theresa
Kenneth Kotsay

Davie/Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2001 3:46 pm    

deep scaling and root planing", LES CAMPBELL - On June 16th I'll be under going the same gum treatment as you just had but my dentist plays "ELEVATOR MUSIC" on his sound system.

FT LAUDERDALE, & MIAMI, FLORIDA radio stations do the same type of format regarding air play, all talk hardly any music EXCEPT the Jazz, Classical & Christian radio stations. My car radio only has the above three stations set to the auto push buttons so I go back & forth between the three. Seems the Jazz station plays the most music and hardly any talk stuff.

My next new car will only have a CD & Tape deck installed, NO PC, LIBERAL RADIO, especially neo-rockin country (soon to feature "RAPPIN STYLE METALIC COUNTRY", minus the pedal steel)

By the way LES how's the after shock on the gum surgery???

KEN
David Pennybaker

Conroe, TX USA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2001 6:35 am    

Quote:
So I switch stations alot until I find music!

Relatively easy to do, except during the morning and evning rush hours. All FOUR (yes, FOUR) stations have lots of DJ chatter, news, road reports, etc. during that time. And, for some odd reason, they all seem to conspire to play their music at the same time!

Any other time, one of the stations, 93Q, plays a LOT more music than the others. I think they guarantee 52 minute of music an hour. (But, it's mainly the "new country").

The station up on the north side of town (where I live) plays much more of a mix between the old and new.

One of the stations (KILT) is now playing eithr a Texas or 70's music show in the evening. It used to be a request show (though if your request wasn't on their 'list', it was hard to get it played).

------------------

Bob Hoffnar

Austin, Tx
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2001 9:27 am    

Morning radio is pretty good around here
(NYC area) as long as you stay away from the comercial stations. The stuff that drives me bananas is the late night comercial country radio "personalities" that spend half the air time trying to be my good friend. Its pathetic and sad to think about how many lonely people there must be out there to have such superficial drivel be a sucessful marketing ploy.

As far the morning happy guys go they are way too stupid to use sarcasim as
humor.

Bob
Frank

West Memphis, Ar . USofA, where steeling comes natural
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2001 10:14 am    

Craig. Here in Arkansas, we have cassette
recorders that we can hook up to our Dish Network. receivers and record the " CLASSIC
COUNTRY MUSIC" to playback on our Walkman while we hunt, fish, jog or just hang out in the woods.
Personally, I have a "BOW FLEX", not into all that Running, sides that my extension cords too short.
Take care, Frank.