| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  TIM McGRAW TRIAL
Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2001 8:54 am    

B Cole,
What did you think of song ll on the cd "Angry All The Time"?
It might be nice to use other words when disliking material, people, or whatever. Thanks, Theresa

[This message was edited by Theresa Galbraith on 18 May 2001 at 10:03 AM.]

David Pennybaker

Conroe, TX USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2001 11:39 am    

Quote:
I'd be questioning my officer as to how Chesney was allowed on the duty horse to begin with.I'd be questioning as to how an officer who is assigned the task of giving security to the people in question allowed himself to become involved in such a incident..

My thoughts exactly.

I'd be embarrassed to even bring it to trial. Maybe they had no choice, but surely they could've influenced the DA's office just a little on that.

------------------
The Unofficial Photographer of The Wilkinsons

John Macy

Rockport TX/Denver CO
Post  Posted 18 May 2001 4:44 pm    

Well, after reading this thread I went and bought the CD. Damn fine record in my book. Great songs and GREAT steel.
Ed Naylor

portsmouth.ohio usa, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 18 May 2001 5:27 pm    

I am a lifetime member of the Bentonville, Ohio ANTI HORSE THIEF SOCIETY maybe they could use some members on the Jury. By the way Bentonville is my hometown. Ed Naylor Steel Guitar Works
Boomer

Brentwood, TN USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2001 6:31 pm    

Craig Davidson - Sure, if you'd like to see Tim McGraw locked up good, by all means give him some of that Wisconsin Cheese . Seriously when I subbed for Barry Chance in Printer's Alley years ago, Tim would come in the club, ask if he could get up and sing, and wait very patiently until he was called up. A really nice kid, very appreciative. Dollars to doughnuts, he's still that way. Best, Boomer
John Macy

Rockport TX/Denver CO
Post  Posted 18 May 2001 7:36 pm    

I'm with Boomer and 88. Let's see--nice guy, ggod records with lots of steel, son of a football player, keeps a steel player on the payroll...what's wrong with this picture. I don't get the grief he gets.

[This message was edited by John Macy on 18 May 2001 at 08:39 PM.]

Craig A Davidson

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2001 7:54 pm    

First of all his dad "Tug" was a baseball player. Second no matter what you say I can't handle whining singers no matter how nice they are. As far as his success goes, people not to long ago complained about country music being that whining crap. Now they buy it. And even if he is so successful it's not because I buy his stuff. If some of you like him that's ok, but to me his singing sounds a lot like nails on a chalkboard combined with a tomcat with his tail in the screen door.

------------------
John Macy

Rockport TX/Denver CO
Post  Posted 18 May 2001 8:41 pm    

Guess one man's whining/nails on a chalkboard combined with a tomcat with his tail in the screen door is another man's crooning. Ain't America great. (I knew it was baseball--I was just having a senior moment...)
Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2001 10:49 pm    

I think it proves no matter what, some of the forum members are never happy and thats what I've learned! He's a man thats made a mistake,he will and has already paid for his mistake!
I wish others that have committed more serious chrimes were in jail. Theresa

[This message was edited by Theresa Galbraith on 19 May 2001 at 12:50 AM.]

Ed Naylor

Post  Posted 19 May 2001 5:20 am    

Bill Cole. The BENTONVILLE ANTI HORSE THIEF SOCIETY is for real. It was formed in 1853 and is still active to the point they have a Banquet each year. Also Bentonville is the 101st Airborne Division national HDQ office.Ed
Ed Naylor

Post  Posted 19 May 2001 6:59 am    

Maybe the Judge should make him do a benefit show at Kentucky Downs and all the proceeds go to finding what is causing the death of these newborn race horses. Ed
KEVIN OWENS

OLD HICKORY TN USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2001 7:48 am    

I think a lot of people are not happy because a lot of other people keep praising mediocrity in the world of entertainment (music, singing, song writing, acting, etc....). There's a lot of amateurish stuff out there today.

Kevin
Corwin Colebrooke

Ames, Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2001 8:20 am    

They should force Tim and Kenny to do free shows in places they normally don't perform. Like Ames, IA. Then I could see them without paying, lol(I'm one of the few here that's a fan of McGraw). Either that or some other form of public besmirching if they're not gonna throw him in jail. The free show tour would handle any fines that they would have to pay.
Bill Sharpe

Hermitage, TN 37076, USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2001 2:37 pm    

I'm not a fan of either performer, but I have seen them both live and they always have a steel in the band.

The "trial" and charges are much ado about nothing. Give 'em both a chance to do a show with the proceeds to go to the B.P.O. or Danny Thomas' children's hospital in Memphis.

------------------
B#

Bill Sharpe

Hermitage, TN 37076, USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2001 2:38 pm    

I'm not a fan of either performer, but I have seen them both live and they always have a steel in the band.

The "trial" and charges are much ado about nothing. Give 'em both a chance to do a show with the proceeds to go to the B.P.O. or Danny Thomas' children's hospital in Memphis.

------------------
B#

erik

Post  Posted 19 May 2001 4:47 pm    

I just heard GROWN MEN DON'T CRY a little while ago while out in my car. I really liked it and i thought the music was rich and warm, not overdone. I know where that chord progression came from too.

As far as the song being whiney. Well that and few hundred other classic Country songs...
Chris Dufrane

Constable, NY, USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2001 6:11 pm    

Well I'm not a fan of Tim McGraw, so my opinion may be biased, but thinking about all the charges that could be placed against him according to what I read in my local paper. I'd have written a college thesis in tickets. I'd like to see him do some time along with Kenny. I think Kenny will get out of most of the charges, because I guess the officers didn't tell him he could be arrested before they pulled him off the horse. I don't think a fine is the best solution, because they're all wealthy. Jail time would suit them best and turn them into an example of things you shouldn't do.

Court is now adjourned
Antolina

Dunkirk NY
Post  Posted 20 May 2001 1:41 pm    

B. Cole, you said it all! Like I used to tell my kids, if you hit someone regardless of the circumsatnces...YOU'RE WRONG and no one gives a rip about the original slight and/or argument. For what it's worth under normal circumstances this altercation would be a minor offense or low misdemeanor with a fine and wrist slap. I agree with Theresa. There's far more jerks not in jail that should be for far more serious crimes. The fact that some greedy cop is setting Tim up for a law suit is niether surprising or original...and it seldom works. BTW Tim is not my favorite singer nor is he in my top 1000......RC PS: McVey? Let him live. Life in prison, solitary confinement with no human contact, tv, radio or reading materials with a 60 watt bulb burning 24-7. he'd go mad in about 90 days or less and that might be fitting.

[This message was edited by RC Antolina on 20 May 2001 at 02:47 PM.]

[This message was edited by RC Antolina on 20 May 2001 at 05:42 PM.]

BJ Bailey

Jackson Ms,Hinds
Post  Posted 21 May 2001 11:08 pm    

Some of Tim's stuff is ok.But what songs I've heard,that I like mostly,they do'nt and want play on the radio.Nothing against Tim,but you just do'nt put your hand's on the law,and Kenny should have known better.The real picture of this hold mess we do'nt have.Thats the reason for their day in court.O.J. has proven to the world a rap can be beat. Now as for Faith,someone mention her strutting in the courtroom.Man I would have loved to have been there so I could really get a better look at her nable,,,,, or navel,I give up ok you spell it???????WOW just think Shania might come to help moral suport that would be two female belly butten to look at wowwwww
BJ Bailey

Jackson Ms,Hinds
Post  Posted 22 May 2001 5:37 am    

When some becomes known with fame ,or have fortune,which ever the case maybe.Some have a tendancey to bow to them,and some name's come to mine in the political world and the musical world.I do'nt know if this was the case.But ,I do'nt beleive that officer would have let me or the everage Joe on his horse.By the way ,you could kinda compare the officer ,to the comander in charge of the submarine,that hit the Japanee's vessal.Remember the outcome of that?All three involved deserve their reward.
Craig A Davidson

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2001 12:58 pm    

I shouldn't reply lest I get accused of McGraw and Chesney bashing. But, the point is, they are some of these new artists that labels are trying to appeal to the YOUNGER buyers with. It's not a very good example to slap them on the wrist and let them go. To me that sends the wrong message. Whether you are famous or not breaking the law is just that.

------------------
1985 Emmons push-pull, Session 500, Nashville400, 65 re-issue Fender Twin, Fender Tele

Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2001 1:13 pm    

Craig,
I wasn't going to reply anymore either. Tim & Kenny did wrong, everyone agrees.
If this is about liking Tim's singing or not that's wrong. The trail will be later because the Judge had a heartache. Theresa
Antolina

Dunkirk NY
Post  Posted 22 May 2001 2:17 pm    

Factoids...Orchard Park has nothing to do with Buffalo NY. It's a smallish affluent suburb about 30 miles south.

They have a rep for being a no nonsense town.

Prince lives there.
Bobby Lee

Cloverdale, California, USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2001 2:23 pm    

Which Prince?
Pete Mitchell

Buda, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2001 3:19 pm    

Not exactly a Theresa ally; however, Tim McGraw is doing well in his endeavors. Although I am not a fan of his, I can't help but wonder what change of heart most steelers would have in the event of the "big gig" offer from such a party.

Let's go back to production for a moment, and how difficult would it be to replicate a "new wave" production as opposed to "boomchucking" like Luther? I don't believe there is a guitar player in the world that can't appreciate or replicate what Luther did. McGraw's production would be ALMOST impossible to replicate in a honkytonk.

And what about the young "hot shot" guitar pickers who feel they are just frying on "Workin' Man Blues?" For posterity, if you've done your homework, you will find that Jimmy Burton played the exact solo verbatim on Ricky Nelson's "Milk Cow Blues" a little more laid back than he did it on "Workin' Man Blues" some 30 odd years later. So here we go with the cycle thing again! If I were to expend energy on a piece of material, why not jump into something a little more substantial ala "The Band," who, by the way, revitalized the heck out of Johnny & Jack's "Down South in New Orleans." For that matter, what about the "Dire Straits" as opposed to Tim's "Hickasaw, Choctaw, Chippewa" or whatever it was. Man, am I getting old or what? Pete

Hang 'em high!!! Lowdown, horse thievin' sidewinders!!!

[This message was edited by Pete Mitchell on 22 May 2001 at 04:21 PM.]