| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bush wins, Prediction
Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2000 5:38 am    

Ah, yes, the "trickle down" theory of country music.
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2000 6:47 am    

As of the time I am posting this, it ain't over yet. They have to do a recount here in Flordia.
Pat Jenkins

Abingdon, VA, USA
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2000 7:09 am    

Jack, are there enough fingers and toes to take care of this in Florida? My folks live near Jacksonville...I told them they were really holding up democracy...Pat
CrowBear Schmitt

Ariege, - PairO'knees, - France
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2000 9:52 am    

that's DemocraZy Pat ....
Steel recountin'
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2000 1:58 pm    

I spoke to Johnny today. He is not seeking the office, since he couldn't handle the cut in pay right now. If nominated, he will not run; and if elected, he will not serve.

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages

Jude James Shiels

near Dublin, Ireland
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2000 1:52 am    

Isn't Gore based in Nashville? So country music can't lose either way. What it comes down to for me is which is better, Texan or Nashville country? The race could still hinge on this!
Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2000 2:59 am    

As that old filosofur Yogi Berra once said "It ain't over till it's over" His new one is ..."I have been trying to read Bush's lips to see if there will be new Taxes"? When Yogi was asked what he thought about new taxes...He said, "with a little better pitchin they might make the playoffs"....

------------------
CJC

Bobby Lee

Cloverdale, California, USA
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2000 6:48 pm    

If Bush wins, Lloyd Green will have to start playing C6th again!
Bob Anderson

pemberton mn 56078
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2000 1:06 pm    

If Hillary runs for President 2004 we will have to register all pedal steel guitars. And no one will allowed to own a lap steel before the age of 16
Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2000 1:37 pm    

Hey Jude,
Don't make it bad! "Which is better Texan or Nashville country"? There's no contest there. I prefer West Coast Country but if I had to choose between the other two it'd have to be Texas hands down! They haven't forgotten how to pick with white boy soul down there. It don't have to be all polished and the same 5 guys playing on all the records. You can still hear some originality coming from Texas. That goes for George W. too. I voted for dubya and I'm proud of it. At least he had a clean campaign and didn't have to give cigarettes to homeless people to have them vote for him!

------------------
Have a good 'un! JH U-12

Skeeter Klott

Grand Rapids Mi USA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2000 5:58 pm    

I LOVE IT!!! LMAO!!!

Turn Bush loose and let him swing!!

Skeet
Robert

Chicago
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2000 6:49 am    

Hey, Jerry:
So - about the homeless people who got free cigarettes to vote Gore . . . they were registered voters, I guess. Where I live, your name is on a list, and waving around a pack of cigarettes that somebody gave you will not get you a ballot, bud. I've seen the videotape of people hovering around a car and the newscaster saying " . . . cigs for votes", but I don't believe it. In Cook County, you get to vote twice, and three times if you're dead, but you don't get to vote because you got some Kools.

Rob
Harry Hess

Blue Bell, PA., USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2000 9:29 pm    

Having a close buddy who grew up with Gore, since his mother was Gore Sr.'s personal assistant for 15 years, Gore grew up in DC in 'genteel" society where music is Mozart, etc. and the constituants choice of music is looked down at equally as much as are all the little people who exist simply to vote for them at election time, when they get out and two step as their dance teachers showed them how to so they can appear to be down home folks.

Now Bush Jr.? Not born in Texas, but been there long enough to be a good old Texas boy.
I'd bet money that he even knows what a pedal steel is... but then again, Gore may claim to have invented it.

Regards,
HH
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2000 11:25 pm    

Governor Bush most definitely likes country music. The Cornell Hurd Band played an affair for him last year, and he came up and dug the band. And he likes steel guitar too... I took a hot solo and he gave me a thumbs up, and Bobby Snell was there as a witness!!!

Another thing: the Governor is an avid bass fisherman, and bought the ranch in Crawford TX because its got some good fishing holes on it. Vice President Gore, on the other hand, enjoys vegetarian dinners and male sensitivity retreats in the woods with members of PETA.

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages

Robert

Chicago
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2000 8:19 am    

Great! So here's to four more years of "Dubya" being the most macho governor in these here 50 states!
Bobby Snell

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2000 6:05 pm    

That's right, Herb. Gov. Bush got to enjoy a "twin steel" evening at the Mansion that night. Cornell behaved himself quite well, too.

Politics aside, Gov. Bush was very nice and came around to meet the band. We were all treated great, it was a beautiful evening for the Texas Independence Day celebration.

Harry Hess

Blue Bell, PA., USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2000 6:41 pm    

Herb,

I hope the bands you play with are in touch with Bush so we get to watch you play on the Ignaguration. And it'd be nice if they had a camera dedicated to "steel shots".

Get to work on that, OK?

Regards,
HH