| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bob Wills Day
Piney Woods

Lawrence, KS, USA
Post  Posted 4 May 2000 5:53 am    

Any reports from Turkey, TX?We had to miss it this year,so we went to the March birthday celebration in Tulsa.Sure missed our room at the Western Motel in Memphis.Was Benny Garcia back in action yet?Any surprise guests this year?
Steve England

Austin, TX
Post  Posted 4 May 2000 8:40 am    

Hey Piney, Turkey this year was fun, the weather was perfect (for a change) at least it was until Saturday night.

Beny Garcia was not playing, nor was Clarence Cagle, Wayne Glasson played piano, and Bill Dozier played guitar, He played with Laon MacAulfiffe's band for several years and was hot. Bobby Koefer was Bobby Koefer, Dayna Wills went through a different costume shange every time I saw her. There was great jamming going on after the dances thursday and friday at an old Church that CowJazz were staying at. Good stuff. Be sure to make it next year, I haven't missed one since I Moved to Texas in 1991.

I was at Cain's in March too, guess I'll see you at one iof these Western Swing shows sometime
Louie Hallford

denison tx
Post  Posted 4 May 2000 7:51 pm    

Am I lucky.The same Billy "Kilroy" Dozier who filled in for Benny Garcia has moved here to my hometown of Denison,and lives about 2 miles from me.

He came to my house a few days ago .Billy and I, along with Band in a Box ,gave them a fit for four straight hours.

This guy is Eldon Shamblin made over but a much better single note player in my opinion. WOW
Steve England

Austin, TX
Post  Posted 5 May 2000 8:07 am    

Whoa, that's great Louie. I'd never heard him play befor, and was very pleasantly surprised. A good guitar player makes a lot of diference in Western Swing, as anyonewho was at Cain's in March wil testify.
Is Bill playing in the area, or is he just jamming? sure would like to catch him again.
Randy Beavers

Lebanon,TN 37090
Post  Posted 5 May 2000 3:00 pm    

Louie, please tell Billy hello for me next time you see him. I"m from Tulsa and was fortunate in getting to work with Billy when I was growing up. He also plays great fiddle and mandolin.
Louie Hallford

denison tx
Post  Posted 5 May 2000 8:24 pm    

Will do Randy.Good to see you on Forum.Will you be in Tulsa or any of the other shows. Miss seeing and hearing you.