| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steve Wilkerson-steel player on Nashville Super Guitars
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2000 2:44 pm    

I just recently purchased a CD by the above group and it is alot of fun. Instrumental versions of popular country songs like El Paso, Mama Tried, Night Life, etc. It isnt a strictly steel album as there is alot of telecaster guitar pickin' on it as well. I just happened to find it at a used CD store and have really enjoyed it. I am not familiar with Steve but he is a great player. The CD is TNSG Country Hit Kit put out by GMH records in 1995. If you see it, buy it, you wont be dissappointed. Actually I would like to know if they have put out another one, I would buy it as well. Steve may be a contributor to this forum, and if so, let me say "thanks" for a great album.
Jerry Hedge

Norwood Ohio U.S.A.
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2000 10:32 pm    

Larry, Steve plays steel for the Whites. His playing is always a high point for me when I listen to the Opry. Also he and his wife sings behind and he plays guitar for Charlie Louvin. Not a bad guitarist either.
Boomer

Brentwood, TN USA
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2000 3:10 am    

Larry - There's a new album out on Nuance Records entitled "Nashville Guitars" that contains eleven guitarists, each on original instrumentals. Such luminaries as Jim Olander, Mark Casstevens, Reggie Young, and Ray Flacke, to name a few. Some steel and dobro work by Paul Franklin and Scott Sanders. To order, log on atthe following: www.the-record-store.com/nuancerecords.htm
Best, Boomer