| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ray Price
chris breaz

houston, by God, texas
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2000 7:25 am    

Last night my wife and I went to a very large church to see Ray Price. The sanctuary seats roughly 3000 people, and I'm gussing there were 2000 people for the show. I was initially surprised that Ray was performing in a church (advertised in last week's paper), but even more surprised that he sang all country classics. No gospel.

Steve Palousek was on steel, and Ray had six additional string players from the Houston musician's union. The group, Ray, and Steve sounded absolutely wonderful. What a great opportunity to hear great country music. My only regret was that there were so few younger people in the audience (I'm no youngster - 46) to hear this kind of talent.

We won't be able to go back this morning due to our own worship commitments, but Ray is singing 4 gospel songs in the church this morning (without the Cherokee Cowboys). Wish I could have gone for "seconds"! I think I'll ask our Pastor if he wants to book Ray at OUR church!!

P.S. Steve is so good, I can't decide whether I'm going to practice, or put an add in the classifieds for an older push-pull Emmons! Oh, by the way, the tickets were $20 each, and the place was clean, too!!

God bless all of us.
Steve Hinson

Hendersonville Tn USA
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2000 8:31 am    

Chris-was Steve really playing a push-pull? What a great player(whaatever he is playing)!
Bill Crook

Goodlettsville, TN , Spending my kid's inheritance
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2000 10:09 am    

Chirs...

Ray does usually use the local talent to enhance his programs... I think this is very nice of him to do this as it helps the local folks and he dosen't have to keep a string outfit at his becon n call. keeps cost down too !!

He does a very good show everywhere he performs,and I think I would be really ****** if I was asked to perform on one of his shows.
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2000 11:45 am    

Steve
Palousek plays a LeGrande 3.

Funny note: at a Bush/Price gig last year, I was setting up my old '65 and realized a couple of loose collars underneath were screwing some stuff up. I had the guitar turned over and Rick Price, Bobby Flores and I (all PP-guys) were standing over the axe like a surgical team.

Palousek walked by... he is so deadpan in his delivery... and said "Oh yeah, now I remember why I don't play one of them things." Laughter reigned supreme!

------------------
members.aol.com/herbs10178/index.html

Steve Hinson

Hendersonville Tn USA
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2000 11:55 am    

Herb-Palooka's a real crackup,no doubt-when we worked together he kept me laughing...I saw him playing his Legrande-on TV-thought maybe he had backslid...
chris breaz

houston, by God, texas
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2000 8:05 am    

Steve,

What I meant was to put an ad in the paper to sell MY push-pull, as sometimes I feel I'll never sound that good!
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2000 8:48 am    

Chris
MOST guys who play the instrument, myself included, will never sound as good as Steven P. However, that is no reason to sell an old Emmons.

What are you asking for it, incidentally?

Seriously, keep the axe unless you need the bucks. Even if you have a modern all pull guitar, most guys would tell you to hang on to the Emmons.

------------------
members.aol.com/herbs10178/index.html

chris breaz

houston, by God, texas
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2000 12:10 pm    

Herb,

I appreciate your support, and the interest in the guitar. But I am not serious about selling it. I do plan on keeping it long enough to pass on to my son.
Steve Hinson

Hendersonville Tn USA
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2000 8:48 pm    

Sorry Chris...I completely misunderstood the push-pull part of your post!Hang in there-don't sell it...except to me(just kidding)...