| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Met Bill Nauman in Vegas
Ken Lang

Simi Valley, Ca
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2000 5:33 pm    

Just wanted to pass along what a nice experience we had in meeting Bill Nauman at Larry's Hideway in Los Vegas Thur. nite. True to impressions of our Forum members, Bill is a great person and great fun to talk with, although time was limited to breaks. He offered the tradition of sitting in, tho I didn't, but perhaps next time. The setting is a honky tonk bar and my kind of place, no BS, just real people.

Bill is certainly a great steel player, singer and keyboard player as well. There is no doubt he is the heart of the band. I could go on but suffice to say it was the highlight of our trip. Thanks, Bill.
Ken
Janice Brooks

Pleasant Gap Pa
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2000 6:32 pm    

Ken, Bill said earlier today about asking you to sit in. Unfortunently the weather messed up my plans to see Buddy Emmons

------------------
"BUS" ICQ 44729047
www.geocities.com/nashville/3886
Moon in Alaska

Kasilof, Alaska * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2000 10:51 am    

Ken, Glad you got to see Bill !! I have never met him personally but it seems like I know him as we have sent so many E-mails back and forth !!

------------------
<< Moon Mullin in Alaska >>
==Carter S-10==
<< Old Fender-400 >>
== Evans FET 500 Custom LV ==

Mr.Wade

Fitchburg,Ma.Usa.
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2000 11:03 am    

Moon,I`ll Say Like You,Bill Is A Very Nice Person,I Meet Him Through Mark Dole Of
South Australia Witch Is Another Great Person,Bill And I More Or Less Send Each Other Wav`s Of Steel Players And Licks,Its A Lot Of Fun And I Enjoy Hearing From Bill,I Live In Mass,And I Even Called Him Up On The Tellphone Last Week,Just To Say Hi,We Talked For About An Hour,You Know How Steel Players Get On The Phone L.O.L...Keep Up The Good Bill,Your Friend Mr.Wade....

------------------
Ron Page

Penn Yan, NY USA
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2000 12:41 pm    

Ken, as a novice I would have had to decline any such invitation as well. But that would sure would be cool to have Bill slide over to the keyboard and the two of you play together.

I know he can sing some of those good old Hag tunes, 'cause he once sent me a wav file of...

Ah, crap! What tune was that Bill? I'm drawing a blank.

Anyway, I bet he knows 20 of 'em.

------------------
HagFan
Ken Lang

Simi Valley, Ca
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2000 6:59 pm    

Ron, as a novice psg player I don't expect to sit in with anyone for some time on that instrument. Bill sits on his amp and swivels right to grab the keys. There would never be room for our two butts on that amp. However I will bring a 6 stringer next time up and sit in. Odd as it sounds, I think it's unfair that I have heard him, and he has not heard me. There is a bond still missing that playing together, however briefly, unites fellow pickers. If Bill will tolerate the buckets of rust falling off my guitar and the old failing voice, I am looking forward to it.
Ken
MCI_King

Adelaide ,Australia
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2000 7:20 am    

Hey ,
thanks for your kind words Mr Wade , Bill is a great guy allways sending me info on line and when Mr wade and bill and Emmett Loch get online together boy do they give me an ear bashing ....what can i say , with masters like these guys a young fellow like myself can only learn and learn i will...
thanks guys

kindest regards and best wishes

mark dole